Nukeproof Mega AM

ADD

Likes Dirt
P1019899.jpgP1019900.jpg

Took this out for it's maiden voyage today. Pretty sure it'll take anything thrown at it.

Frame - 2013 Nukeproof Mega AM
Rear shock - Rock Shox Monarch Plus RC3
Front shock/fork - Rock Shox Pike 160mm Dual Air
Handlebars -Truvativ Boobar cut down to 760mm
Stem - Funn enduro
Headset - Cane Creek 40 series
Grips - ODI ruffians
Saddle - WTB Rocket V
Seatpost - Rock Shox Reverb Stealth
Front brake -XT
Rear brake - XT
Cranks - Raceface Evolve with Raceface Turbine bottom bracket
Chainguide -
Chain - XTR
Pedals - XT Trail
Front derailleur -
Rear derailleur - Zee
Front shifter -
Rear shifter - XT
Cassette - XT 11t-36t
Front hub - DT Swiss 240s
Rear hub - DT Swiss 240s with 36t star ratchet upgrade
Front rim - Enve 26 AM
Rear rim - Enve 26 AM
Spokes - DT Swiss bladed
Nipples - DT Swiss
Tyres - Hans Dampf and rear Bonty XR3
Tubes - Stans No tubes
Total weight -????

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How did the hans dampf go in the berm sandtraps? Did it still roll fairly well? Looking at throwing one up the front of my rig.

ADD

Likes Dirt
How did the hans dampf go in the berm sandtraps? Did it still roll fairly well? Looking at throwing one up the front of my rig.
Have been riding with that Hans Dampf for 12 months now. It's lasted really well. It's always been tubeless and still has plenty of tread left. Never had a puncture with it. I've had 3 tyres on the rear since purchasing this front one. Like any tyre with raised side knobs you've just got to have confidence in them and let them do their work on the corners, sandy or not. Pardon the pun, it has never let me down. Only my own bike skills do that.

Last edited:

crim 87

Likes Dirt
looks awsome man congrats how's the 1x10 going still able to climb and power down the hills to ?? i want to make the switch but im worried ill either struggle with some climbs or loose a few low gears to bomb back down

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Beautiful looking rig man! What's a build like that set a man back if you don't mind sharing?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

ADD

Likes Dirt
looks awsome man congrats how's the 1x10 going still able to climb and power down the hills to ?? i want to make the switch but im worried ill either struggle with some climbs or loose a few low gears to bomb back down
Depends what size chainring and where you ride really. Got a 30t because I ride at the Youies a lot. Going to use a 32t or 34t at Barjarg next weekend. I first went to 1x10 with a 36t chainring and then went to Mt Buller and road Stonefly. That was dumb. Although the ride down Delatite was awesome until I cramped up because of the climb up Stonefly earlier. I've held my own with the 1x10 and the 36t with XC riders at Wollongong. Keeping up with them on the ascents and waiting at the bottom for them at the end of every descent. Hope that helps sway your opinion.

ADD

Likes Dirt
Beautiful looking rig man! What's a build like that set a man back if you don't mind sharing?

Sets me back a divorce if my wife ever finds out. It's pretty easy to work out from looking around though.

The wheels were won in a competition so don't think I'm some dick with all the gear and no idea.

If you were to buy all of this full retail it'd be something like 7-8 grand. Wow pretty scary now I've worked that out.

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Yeah that's the ballpark I thought. Man I don't care if you couldn't pedal it out of the garage, a sweet ride is exactly that. I want to do a custom build myself but need to save some funds an decide what frame to use as a donor.
Enjoy that beast.

crim 87

Likes Dirt
Depends what size chainring and where you ride really. Got a 30t because I ride at the Youies a lot. Going to use a 32t or 34t at Barjarg next weekend. I first went to 1x10 with a 36t chainring and then went to Mt Buller and road Stonefly. That was dumb. Although the ride down Delatite was awesome until I cramped up because of the climb up Stonefly earlier. I've held my own with the 1x10 and the 36t with XC riders at Wollongong. Keeping up with them on the ascents and waiting at the bottom for them at the end of every descent. Hope that helps sway your opinion.

sweet thanks man mainly ride lysty , you yangs but go to bright , beechworth , mt beauty and buller to. what sort of chainring size do you reckon would suit for places like these my enduro 29 is 2x10 at the min i mainly use the smaller ring for climbing and bigger one for decents but i reckon i could get away on most climbs with the bigger one will have to leave and the big ring next time and see how i go i guess

ADD

Likes Dirt
sweet thanks man mainly ride lysty , you yangs but go to bright , beechworth , mt beauty and buller to. what sort of chainring size do you reckon would suit for places like these my enduro 29 is 2x10 at the min i mainly use the smaller ring for climbing and bigger one for decents but i reckon i could get away on most climbs with the bigger one will have to leave and the big ring next time and see how i go i guess
It's a personal thing I think. Why not get a 32t and see how that feels?

Jacob.R

Likes Bikes
Real nice bike mate, looks like a shredder.
Those Nukeproof bikes look really good because I didn't hear about them till about 3 weeks ago.