Chain reaction cycles

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
My order was shipped on the 23rd of October, Still haven't seen it. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow CRC said they'll resend the order.

Frustrating!
Mine was shipped the 1st Nov, but the confirmation email had the wrong postal address on it. Sent CRC an email to ask for the TNT ref no. to try deal with it from this end......

Apparently they prefer to re-ship $120 worth of parts than part with a reference number!?

Have to wait 3 working weeks to request the new shipment.... Frustrating is not the word I would use. ...

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I recently brought DMR V12 Mag pedals. Put the order in in an afternoon and it was processed and sent by the next day. Took about a week or so to get here which is pretty good considering I'm in SW WA.....around 10 days is what I'd expect (or up to 2 weeks max).

Shame that there is no tracking any more with the free postage, but in the past when something was taking longer than 2 weeks I found they re-sent the items without a problem (this was a few years back), however in that case I found the original parcel arrived a day later anyway lol (I had to not sign for it and return to sender) and it turned out it had been held up by customs.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
I just checked the website then and they're out of stock of the 1 item I specifically needed from the order and couldn't find locally or on other online stores. Hopefully it'll turn up!

hazza96

Likes Bikes
THey told me the order had left the shop on the 28th of October hasnt arrived yet

sent them an email today lets see what they say

mattwilkinson

Likes Dirt
Put an order through on the weekend which they sent Monday night, I'm pretty impressed with that.
They also sent the order by DHL (Probably after losing that many parcels using their standard delivery).

Currently on a plane somewhere over to Australia, Should get here sometime tomorrow then take another 3 days for Australia Post to stand there doing nothing about it.

Should get it Thursday/Friday but I'll let you know, As long as everything is in there i'm very impressed with CRC.

FYI, Order was 1 UST Tyre, Rim Tape, Valves, Gear Cable and a few bits and bobs

DillonRib

Likes Dirt
I put an order in for some five ten freeriders on the 22nd of October, shipping confirmation came straight after on the 23rd and the order was posted that day. I've called them twice but with no tracking they can't give me details on where it is. It's been 15 working days tomorrow and the order still hasn't arrived. Pretty shit from CRC imo, their service seems to have declined exponentially over the years. I will be sending a 'lost in post' declaration out to them tomorrow so they can send me another pair of shoes.

It's quite bad really, shipping from Jenson USA or extreme supply in America is usually less than 7 days. More than double that for an order from the UK is saying something. Il keep you guys posted to let you know if it ever arrives, I really am doubtful though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nak

Likes Bikes
I ordered some bits and pieces from CRC and wiggle on the same night a week a couple of weeks ago.

1st CRC package turned up within about 5 days, (they had seperated the order into two lots -tyres, camelbak, gloves into one package and Park tools stand into another)
Wiggle package turned up on day 7
2nd CRC package (bike stand) turned up on day 8.

Well stoked with service from both companies!

psykosonik

Likes Dirt
I put an order in for some five ten freeriders on the 22nd of October, shipping confirmation came straight after on the 23rd and the order was posted that day. I've called them twice but with no tracking they can't give me details on where it is. It's been 15 working days tomorrow and the order still hasn't arrived. Pretty shit from CRC imo, their service seems to have declined exponentially over the years. I will be sending a 'lost in post' declaration out to them tomorrow so they can send me another pair of shoes.

It's quite bad really, shipping from Jenson USA or extreme supply in America is usually less than 7 days. More than double that for an order from the UK is saying something. Il keep you guys posted to let you know if it ever arrives, I really am doubtful though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Let me guess they shipped it via TNT? CRC should drop their service as its giving them a bad rep

CRC seem reasonable. They shipped your items immediately. How ever when you send in your declaration form they will send out another pair straight away. I suggest paying for DHL Express shipping so you get it in 3-4 days

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

jrewing

Eats Squid
Chain reaction package of small items has not turned up. It was untracked. I haven't ordered something from them in a long time. All of the many orders in the past have been tracked..

My wiggle orders for runners disappeared too.

Which delivery service is at fault? TNT , AusPost?

In the old days this never happened to me, but online ordering seems a gamble now.

Three

Likes Bikes
No problem with my custom wheel build. Ordered on the 1st, dispatched on the 4th (2nd and 3rd was a weekend, so the wheel build didn't take long) and arrived on the 12th

Used "priority tracked" mail option. Not all CRC stories are horror stories.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
No problem with my custom wheel build. Ordered on the 1st, dispatched on the 4th (2nd and 3rd was a weekend, so the wheel build didn't take long) and arrived on the 12th

Used "priority tracked" mail option. Not all CRC stories are horror stories.
The whole point is that the non tracked shipments are not reaching destination or taking forever.

Tracked shipments have never been an issue with any company i've used.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
I just put in an order yesterday for a wheelset, took free delivery, and this morning got a ship confirm using parcel force international, and comes with a tracking number. Will update when I get it, but I've never had any mail go missing. Did have a mate that bought some xt brakes off wiggle, didn't arrive after 6 weeks, wiggle sent a new set that took another 3 weeks, then 2 months later the original turned up lol - god knows how a parcel can sit somewhere for 3 months then suddenly found and delivered !

Joel_32

Likes Dirt
And another parcel amiss, small parts order put in on October 25th, listed as sent on the 26th via the free TNT shipping and now been 20 days (13 working days) with no sign of it. Have used both tracked and non-tracked shipping from Chainreaction numerous times over the past few years and never had to wait more than 10days at most once the order had been listed as shipped. CRC list on their shipping info that standard international post to Australia should be only 4-8 working days so will be sending an email shortly to follow up.
I have used Jenson several times also without issue, have yet to shop at Wiggle though as they never seem to have quite the items I want at the time I need them.

Joel_32

Likes Dirt
Can anyone tell me if an item is sent via TNT from UK does it then get handled and delivered by TNT at the Australian end as well or passed on Australia Post?

MudRhino

Likes Dirt
Strangest thing, a parcel I ordered from CRC showed up on my door step within 8 days...

The delivery time is not the odd thing - the odd thing is the delivery address.

I get things sent to a PO BOX because the local hoods help themselves to things sitting on my porch... my home address is listed as my billing address... so why did something I request to be sent to my PO BOX show up on my door step?

BT180

Max Pfaff
Strangest thing, a parcel I ordered from CRC showed up on my door step within 8 days...

The delivery time is not the odd thing - the odd thing is the delivery address.

I get things sent to a PO BOX because the local hoods help themselves to things sitting on my porch... my home address is listed as my billing address... so why did something I request to be sent to my PO BOX show up on my door step?
Was it sent via DHL? DHL don't deliver to PO boxes.

I like CRC, quick and reliable and when I bought the wrong bits for my bitza bike I exchanged it no wuckers and only was down the return postage to the fatherland.