Ivanhoe dirt jumps need few seconds of your time

JakeLemin

Likes Bikes
i keep my trails on my own land locked, its just off a main creek and bush walkers/daily commuters walk through there and i put chains across just to be safe.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
your a fucking poofter mate get some sense into you and understand the dj etiquette.
some people have serious autisim.
welcome to Rotorburn Lewist53- nice introduction

lets see what other subsection of the community you can denigrate. You can cross gays, Moorey and those with special needs off the list and hell you are only on post number 5

moorey

call me Mia
i keep my trails on my own land locked, its just off a main creek and bush walkers/daily commuters walk through there and i put chains across just to be safe.
Yes, but, as I said, compare apples to apples. These are neither private, or owned, despite supposed DJ etiquette.
I personally love people riding my trails and jumps, the more the better....and yes, I mean MINE :whoo:

Big JD

Wheel size expert
that would make sense Jake- stop people trespassing and injuring themselves- "oh I didnt know it was private land- look at my leg"

moorey

call me Mia

lets see what other subsection of the community you can denigrate. You can cross gays, Moorey and those with special needs off the list and hell you are only on post number 5
To be fair, what with me probably being all 3 anyway, he's just economizing, and it's probably the most he's written since dropping out of broady tec in year 8.

al_

Likes Dirt
Do all the old boys posting in here really give a shit? It is such a small area of land and these kids could be doing millions of worse things.

I agree that using chains etc seems a bit ordinary, but I would rather these kid be out digging jumps and riding bikes than smoking meth or rimming old guys in the bushes. The council should probably do something about it, but I personally don't mind if they are willing to turn a blind eye.

Those jumps were there 15 years ago when I was their age... I don't think I have been there since, or thought about them until now. Does anybody really care?

moorey

call me Mia
My interest is in the 'etiquette' of people demolishing existing jumps, building new ones most couldn't ride, chaining them off, then wondering why people aren't on their side.
I think you are also painting people who build dirt jumps with a broad brush, Al, the people I know who do it aren't that young, aren't sniffing glue, and aren't unemployed.... Maybe I just mix with the dress circle degenerates :noidea:

al_

Likes Dirt
My interest is in the 'etiquette' of people demolishing existing jumps, building new ones most couldn't ride, chaining them off, then wondering why people aren't on their side.
I think you are also painting people who build dirt jumps with a broad brush, Al, the people I know who do it aren't that young, aren't sniffing glue, and aren't unemployed.... Maybe I just mix with the dress circle degenerates :noidea:
I know. Minor violations of etiquette just seem fairly harmless in the scheme of things. And I reckon the people involved here are pretty young. These jumps have been there forever and I remember the area being a total shithole. At least now somebody cares enough to put in the effort to make it amazing and feel protective.

Insulting 12 year olds on the internet seems pretty grim too - even by our standards.

If you guys feel strongly about the situation maybe drop past and talk to the people involved? I agree that they aren't presenting a great case for themselves, but this situation really isn't going anywhere by just trading insults.

L3ONNOEL

Likes Dirt

Hey you could have just left it at Moorey, that just about ticks all the boxes

Big JD

Wheel size expert
managing relationships

Do all the old boys posting in here really give a shit? It is such a small area of land and these kids could be doing millions of worse things.

I agree that using chains etc seems a bit ordinary, but I would rather these kid be out digging jumps and riding bikes than smoking meth or rimming old guys in the bushes. The council should probably do something about it, but I personally don't mind if they are willing to turn a blind eye.

Those jumps were there 15 years ago when I was their age... I don't think I have been there since, or thought about them until now. Does anybody really care?
I agree Al- I am old, overweight and fairly grumpy and I dont really care about the jumps. In fact I am in awe of what they have been able to design and build and Im not even pi$$ed I cant use them. I take people in all the time to show them these amazing dirt jumps. I find it strange that they have been rebuilt to suit the needs of a couple of riders- but Ill let the dirt jump/bmx community work that out. There is similar etiquette regarding MTB trails- you dont go changing a trail others have built without consultation. I was also under the impression that the jumps could stay if they did some work on the tennis court (public) jumps to service the masses/ mere mortals...... but i might be mistaken

I have met the most of builders along the Yarra over the years and have made a point of having a chat and filling them in on the broader strategy for the area (which needs to include them). The majority are not teenagers (30+) and build in between work, weather and family commitments.

My only issue with this whole thing is that some folks lobbied the local authorities to save the jumps -chain them so others cant ride them- build them so others cant ride them and then apparently abandon them and go somewhere else. There is a broader body of work/ strategy and plan for the area and there are a few people working very hard to establish, educate and improve the relationship with Parks and Councils for authorised access for all cycling disciplines- none of us are actually allowed in there. Council have turned a blind eye because the trails are low risk- these jumps were high risk so they needed to act- just like Plenty Gorge/Lysterfield and Westerfolds. They dont have the resources to police the area and simply see or hear about an issue and bulldoze it. If you are seen to be sticking it to the "man" - we will all be lumped in the same bucket. I think they would be fairly reluctant to listen in the future. You have been given an opportunity- dont blow it.

I simply wish that you guys consider the broader community and established relationships with the stakeholders to improve access for this wicked natural resource on our doorstep- for all user groups. Or you can fly under the radar and do what ever you want, where ever you want and stick it to everyone. I am sure the other builders in the area would not like the publicity and lack of collaboration.

Once again I am in awe of what you can do- serious talent- I want you on our side- imagine what could be done together.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
I sorry am for my lack of ability to fast

twelve year olds? Where!

L3onnoel- mate you started this thread to save the jumps. How has it gone for you? Did you get what you wanted and what were the responsibilities if the jumps remained. Did the fact you invited people there last weekend mean that the builders have lost interest- too many know about it now so were not interested.

Give us some details mate rather than just trolling.

atschool

Likes Bikes
yeah cool mate- we will need some soil and a few hands.
Yeah, sounds good. If the council could provide some dirt, that'd be great. Not sure if much will happen before the new year, but yeah, if anything is happening, post a thread up and we should be able to get a few people along for a working bee.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Yeah, sounds good. If the council could provide some dirt, that'd be great. Not sure if much will happen before the new year, but yeah, if anything is happening, post a thread up and we should be able to get a few people along for a working bee.
wicked mate- will do.

L3ONNOEL

Likes Dirt
L3onnoel- mate you started this thread to save the jumps. How has it gone for you? Did you get what you wanted and what were the responsibilities if the jumps remained. Did the fact you invited people there last weekend mean that the builders have lost interest- too many know about it now so were not interested.

Give us some details mate rather than just trolling.
I can add you to the Facebook page that has all the info