bryton rider 30 disassembly

Newton

Likes Dirt
Anyone had any luck pulling one of these apart, or know of a link to instructions on how to open one up. A friend of mine has one with a loose usb connector, looks like its come adrift from the main board and it will only work if you push the cable in super tight. May be able to re-solder or heat glue the connector back down if we can open it up, does not have any screws, pulled up the sticker on the back, no hidden screws under there either. Tried to get under the rubber seal around the outside, no luck - feels like it may have been snapped together and not designed to be opened.

Any help would be appreciated - and for the record I have two Garmin 500's and swear by them, the Brytons area cheap and nasty ...

yiannos18

Likes Dirt
Anyone had any luck pulling one of these apart, or know of a link to instructions on how to open one up. A friend of mine has one with a loose usb connector, looks like its come adrift from the main board and it will only work if you push the cable in super tight. May be able to re-solder or heat glue the connector back down if we can open it up, does not have any screws, pulled up the sticker on the back, no hidden screws under there either. Tried to get under the rubber seal around the outside, no luck - feels like it may have been snapped together and not designed to be opened.

Any help would be appreciated - and for the record I have two Garmin 500's and swear by them, the Brytons area cheap and nasty ...
They have indeed been one way snapped... mine stopped working altogether (something is rattling around inside it) so I tried to fix it but that's a no go, at least without breaking the whole thing apart. Just tell him to upgrade to a Garmin, Bryton is a waste.

mattwilkinson

Likes Dirt
They have indeed been one way snapped... mine stopped working altogether (something is rattling around inside it) so I tried to fix it but that's a no go, at least without breaking the whole thing apart. Just tell him to upgrade to a Garmin, Bryton is a waste.
I second that, Have sent mine off twice to get fixed. Both times it just stopped charging altogether, A failed USB connector apparently.
Let's see how long the replacement lasts.... The only reason i gave my 50 a go was because of the maps, Which upon receiving it I discovered you have to buy and their terrible anyway.

Newton

Likes Dirt
Thanks guys, it's a mates and he's now planning to buy a garmin, must say that two other friends have the same problem, bryton products = suspect quality ...

crummy?

Likes Dirt
Spotted this thread just recently after some issues with my Rider 30, so I took the time to pull my apart for you.

A link to it is here.

Regards,

Crummy