VIC Lysterfield Park

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
On reflection there is one thing I would add to the new tip section of Aneurysm. A right hand berm, just a little one, on the corner after the three step downs.

Other than that, cannot wait to get back out there this weekend.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Heading out for the third time on Saturday morning.
Aneurysm, Follow Me and Hug are the only trails I can think of that I haven't tried yet.

Might have to try if my fellow riders are up to it. :)

creole

Likes Bikes
I like the triple tester you have at the start. I can relive a poofteenth of Cressy haahahah. Wish there were more technical objects though...Mebe one day.

I still see alot of riders take the little jumps on Aneurysm and land upside down. Thats quite a sight.

Well done on the berms. Once the dust settles, it will be a hoot.

Matt C

Likes Dirt
On reflection there is one thing I would add to the new tip section of Aneurysm. A right hand berm, just a little one, on the corner after the three step downs.

Other than that, cannot wait to get back out there this weekend.
I agree. Rode it the first time since the new additions have been completed. Well done crew. I can see the corner after those drops getting rutted out from all the lock ups after going off the last drop too fast. I noticed a lot of tyre tracks going straight ahead.

Nerdbox

Likes Dirt
I agree. Rode it the first time since the new additions have been completed. Well done crew. I can see the corner after those drops getting rutted out from all the lock ups after going off the last drop too fast. I noticed a lot of tyre tracks going straight ahead.
A berm on the left would be useless anyway considering you need to keep right off the last drop to hit the next corner with any speed

Not to mention like you've mentioned it won't last cause of idiots hitting it with locked wheels

akashra

Eats Squid
A berm on the left would be useless anyway considering you need to keep right off the last drop to hit the next corner with any speed

Not to mention like you've mentioned it won't last cause of idiots hitting it with locked wheels
Here's an idea, maybe rather than labeling riders with less skill as 'idiots' we could actually look at trail design solutions that mitigate damage due to a variety of riding styles. It may be that rock armouring that area is necessary if rutting or forming of brake bumps is occuring, or the corner/lead-up re-aligned to actually handle the use of the area.

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt

But a berm would resolve the issue of having to keep right on the last drop since there would be a berm to help get around the corner with speed. It would also help with the "idiots" you mention braking hard to try and get around what is currently an off camber corner.

Nerdbox

Likes Dirt
But a berm would resolve the issue of having to keep right on the last drop since there would be a berm to help get around the corner with speed. It would also help with the "idiots" you mention braking hard to try and get around what is currently an off camber corner.
Nope, they would just end up off the back of the berm.

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
Nope, they would just end up off the back of the berm.
WOW! I didn't know you could see into the future!

That's incredible mate! Well, since you know all the "idiots" will just go off the back of the berm it is definately a bad idea. Glad we dodged that bullet thanks to you're superpowers!

Can you share this weeks tatts lotto numbers?

Nerdbox

Likes Dirt
WOW! I didn't know you could see into the future!

That's incredible mate! Well, since you know all the "idiots" will just go off the back of the berm it is definately a bad idea. Glad we dodged that bullet thanks to you're superpowers!

Can you share this weeks tatts lotto numbers?
Excellent contribution to the discussion. You should be very proud.

slowmick

38-39"
just leap off the left had end of the last drop, turn and throw out your right leg and slide into the berm. it will stop you sliding down the hill and you can start pedalling again once the butt stops puckering. no sheep stations on offer as far as i am aware - just have fun.
yes - i went straight over the top of the berm the first time i tried it at the working bee so i would be one of those idiots.... :thumb:

ualf

Likes Dirt
Always interesting to read any type of feedback. There are a number of views held by the individuals doing the work on these trails, I expect that once the changes have bedded down some adjustments will be made.
I assume most riders who spend any time at Lysterfield are aware that the best place to provide this feedback is the LDTR Forum at lysterfieldmtb.com which is one place the tail builders are sure to see it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

ualf

Likes Dirt
But when I upload my rides to strava it will show I am slower then other riders.....:(
That one is easy. Just belt down the fire trail Strava does not know the difference. My best time on this trail is rolling down the fire tail with a broken rib courtesy of the State Mountain Bike Track.

Zam

Likes Dirt
That one is easy. Just belt down the fire trail Strava does not know the difference. My best time on this trail is rolling down the fire tail with a broken rib courtesy of the State Mountain Bike Track.
Thanks, I'll just assume the 1867 people who are quicker than me down Aneurysm have all taken the fire trail........:)