Drop the 650B Rubbish!?!

heavyp

You heard it here first
I'm guessing dozer will delete this thread but come on guys just say 27.5" even thou its really 27.2" but can we drop the 650b rubbish it sounds awful!!!!!!!

People say 29" and douche bags say 29'er but were not calling it 700c as the Continental Europeans do, everyone says 26" I'm not even sure if there is a number but as the numbers go maybe 600a ? haha

Maxxis and Continental even print 27.5 on there tyres and there from Continental Europe even they realise 650b looks and sounds shit, if someone started talking to me about the bike industry and said the dreaded 650b word/name I'd walk or ride away in the opposite direction, rant over!

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does any of this really matter? this whole wheel size thing seems to be so over-hyped.

Last edited:

dhd

Downhill Direct
Bottom line, go ride your bike and have fun. Ride what makes you happy. If that's 26, 27.5 or 29 inch wheels who gives a toss really....
Some of us goons however, do find it very interesting.....

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Maybe we should call it 69.9cm? Maybe not...

To quote Shakespeare

"Judge ye nay by heir pronunce of yay circumferal preference, but for art they not still a brother wheelman? Judge ye on thy scooter"

Something like that I think.

Last edited:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
To quote Shakespeare

"Judge ye nay by heir pronunce of yay circumferal preference, but for art they not still a brother wheelman? Judge ye on thy scooter"

Something like that I think.
Well if dozer wasn't going to delete it before he will now :mod:

driftking

Wheel size expert
650b is easier to say if anything it will prevail over 27.5
29er is said depending on context.
You don't say oh I have specialized 29. It sounds odd.
You have to say I have a specialized 29er because that sounds normal.

If anything needs to be dropped its the 26er for life attitude coupled with the agressive hatred of 650b/27.5

Last edited:

heavyp

You heard it here first
is your life that mundane you worry about what someone else calls something? :der:
Nah it's pretty sweet really just some things bug the shit out of me!

And in response to the other guy , I just say its a bike maybe tell you the brand or the name but I'm not going to tell you the wheels size and if you did ask I'd ride away.....

Last edited:

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I actually hate 27.5 , sound so UNI student . 650 b sounds way cooler and I own a 29er .

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I call it 27", as on the same scale that "26"" is 26" and "29"(ER)" is 29", 650b is 27"(or closer than 27.5"). So 27" is what it is and I feel should be called. It reflects it's size in relation to the other two sizes more accurately than 27.5 marketing rubbish. But yeah, 1st world blah fa sure. Rid it, enjoy. It's less than 1% performance gain on most people timed runs. Only buy 27" if you need a new bike. Otherwise love the one your with(26").