Post your all mountain bike

Bodin

GMBC
Grey looks good but why do they need mules to get up the mountain must pedal like a pig ha ha ha
They're "all mountain" riders, which means they only ride downhill. *facepalm*

No, in all seriousness, them some pretty fkn big mountains in the Andes... I'd be wanting a chopper and oxygen.

wavike

Likes Dirt
Brought home a new riif ornament.
Wombat, see you're put on some flows - rough weight with them on? Done any fireroad climbs, how's it go with the standard shock. Looking at the 7.1 (but specs :spy: ) or would like to try it against a Whyte G150

wombat

Lives in a hole
Wombat, see you're put on some flows - rough weight with them on? Done any fireroad climbs, how's it go with the standard shock. Looking at the 7.1 (but specs :spy: ) or would like to try it against a Whyte G150
Yeah I pulled it out of the box and took the stock wheels off, I'll keep them for when I sell the bike. I never had it built in stock form, but I did weigh the wheels to compare, and the flows pulled off a fair whack of weight, about 800g total, although I think a fair bit of that came from the rear hub.
It's wearing a Nic/Razor combo now, both 2.35 snakeskin, and setup tubeless, that pulled a full 300g from each wheel as well (the stock tyres are actually wire bead ardents!).

I've only had one ride on it so far due to shitty weather, but it's not bad. It's probably a size too small, and I daresay I preferred the Fox shock on the alloy 7.1, kinda liked having the 'trail' CTD setting for climbs and flowing tracks. I'll have to give it some proper riding to decide what I think of the fork and shock, but otherwise the bike is pretty good; aside from the seatpost, which would have to 'bed-in' a hell of a lot to be anything better than rubbish.

I considered a 7.1, but price and availability, along with the front der. mount (I still like 2x) made the 7.2 an easy pick.

wavike

Likes Dirt
Yeah I pulled it out of the box and took the stock wheels off, I'll keep them for when I sell the bike. I never had it built in stock form, but I did weigh the wheels to compare, and the flows pulled off a fair whack of weight, about 800g total, although I think a fair bit of that came from the rear hub.
It's wearing a Nic/Razor combo now, both 2.35 snakeskin, and setup tubeless, that pulled a full 300g from each wheel as well (the stock tyres are actually wire bead ardents!).

I've only had one ride on it so far due to shitty weather, but it's not bad. It's probably a size too small, and I daresay I preferred the Fox shock on the alloy 7.1, kinda liked having the 'trail' CTD setting for climbs and flowing tracks. I'll have to give it some proper riding to decide what I think of the fork and shock, but otherwise the bike is pretty good; aside from the seatpost, which would have to 'bed-in' a hell of a lot to be anything better than rubbish.

I considered a 7.1, but price and availability, along with the front der. mount (I still like 2x) made the 7.2 an easy pick.
Whoops i did mean 7.2, got mixed up (budget & skills are not up to the 7.1 atm or anytime in the future)

wombat

Lives in a hole
Which post is it?
Yeah, X fusion Hi-Lo. I've had KS posts and a Reverb before, and this is lightyears behind. I'm no lightweight, but I have to almost jump up and down on the thing to get it to drop properly, and the return speed is laughably slow. It doesn't have any of the smoothness that the Reverb does, and the remote is a crankbrothers rip off which wouldn't be too bad, but the cable tension has to be juuuuust right on the actuator and it still needs a decent amont of pull, so you have to really muscle the lever to get it to work. Throw in the fact that there's sometimes a noticable amount of slop-drop when fully extended, and I'm no fan of this thing at all.

Ivan

Eats Squid
A numbers/mindset game Quintin...

One thing often ignored in this debate (and I'm not suggesting you are Gripper) is suspension performance is always optimised around a chain-ring size, or combination of chain-ring sizes for multi ring setups. Changing to a 2x setup when you bike was designed around a 3x (or even just the 32t) can mean you have negated many of the good aspects of your bikes suspension design. This is especially noticeable on modern bikes with high levels of anti-squat.

The newer (2013+) Weagle bikes look to be designed to work well with a 24/38t combo or a 32t on it's own, but there are still a lot of bikes out there where a 2x is not a good option.

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, X fusion Hi-Lo. I've had KS posts and a Reverb before, and this is lightyears behind. I'm no lightweight, but I have to almost jump up and down on the thing to get it to drop properly, and the return speed is laughably slow. It doesn't have any of the smoothness that the Reverb does, and the remote is a crankbrothers rip off which wouldn't be too bad, but the cable tension has to be juuuuust right on the actuator and it still needs a decent amont of pull, so you have to really muscle the lever to get it to work. Throw in the fact that there's sometimes a noticable amount of slop-drop when fully extended, and I'm no fan of this thing at all.
It's funny, I had a Hi-Lo and hated it as well, but for almost the complete opposite reasons you did. When you pushed the remote (which was the best thing about it) mine would actually go down, I didn't even have to sit on it. But to bring it back up I had to hold the remote in and actually grab it with my hand and lift.

I now have a Reverb and love it.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
My hilo was fine, despite the remote, the design of which, was poo. Tiny bit of rotational play in the post, about 1/2°, which wasn't a deal breaker, but the upsy-downsy worked great. Although the grub screw kept chewing through cables. Got the reverb mainly for the better remote, and because a mate has the Giant one on his SB66, and I enjoy ridiculing him.

DeBloot

Feeling old
Liteville 1 x 10

Just converted to 1 x 10 saving 400gms and a much cleaner look
I spec shifter and better cable routing for the dropper
And the gold of the recon/ crankin cassette - blinggg!

The drivetrain doesn't rattle like a kids money box any more
But the shifting sounds a bit more 'steampunk' than the whispering Shimano I'm used to

Have the boat anchor tyres on atm at 13.54 kg's
12.9 kg's with 2.35 nevegal and 2.25 ardent race (which I don't like much)

liteville with 1 x 10.jpg

Hi all,

Some (fuzzy) pics and short vid of my new ride... 2014 Lapierre Spicy 527 upgraded with a Pike fork, carbon Truvativ Blackbox Jerome Clementz bars, 32T Race Face NW single ring and a tubeless conversion. Weighed in at 13.35kg with pedals (Jet Black) in a size Large.

Have had the bike about 3 weeks now, upgrade from my 2009 Felt Compulsion. Love it. Picked it up new from My Mountain and the boys were awesome in accommodating test rides and the upgrades I desired. I highly recommend them for their service, knowledge and just being cool down to earth guys... In fact I shamelessly stole these pics from their FB and Instagram pages. Haven't gotten around to taking any myself yet. Cheers.

Quick pre-build vid:
http://instagram.com/p/mW_8GDiz6l/

Put the bars on after the pics...

1939766_730883653601557_1454891735_n.jpg
1546195_730883750268214_1338550007_n.jpg
Spicy.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Would not like to run into that thing, in that alley, in the dark. Looks mean.
Why do they make bikes in anything but black?

Black looks good on everything, at least that was her explanation.