The You Yangs Thread

Big JD

Wheel size expert
rode Youies last night- a few others out. It is getting a little wet on the Ranger side with a few puddles that need a little drainage. Need to take a tool with me next time- the ground is very hard.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
went out to you yangs last sunday - haven't been out for 12 months, tracks were brilliant especially t14, with those bridges across sections.

I'm surprised there's no water in the dam/lake at the bottom of the descents.

also what ever you do DON'T go into the toilets at drysdale carpark, its a toxic filthy place, I'll go bush bog next time.

MudRhino

Likes Dirt
rode Youies last night- a few others out. It is getting a little wet on the Ranger side with a few puddles that need a little drainage. Need to take a tool with me next time- the ground is very hard.
Yeah completely agree, and was thinking I would like to help drain them, but what do you intend to do with your 'tool'?

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Yeah completely agree, and was thinking I would like to help drain them, but what do you intend to do with your 'tool'?
add a small channel/ drain with my hoe

and keep my tool in my pants- especially out there at night.

MudRhino

Likes Dirt
I was originally thinking the same thing, but figure putting in a drain would simply cause it to erode more over time - i.e the drain starts to get bigger.

I then got to thinking packing the hole would mean it doesn't hold water, and would maintain the track better wouldn't it?

Anyhow, I will keep an eye out for someone riding around with a hoe or a spade hanging off of their backs - I will be sure to say "hi" :)

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Rode the Stockyards side today and the tracks have held up really well considering the weather over the last few days.

There were a couple of small puddles on a few of the tracks, but nothing you couldn't ride around still on the track.

There was a big tree down about 1/3 of the way down Travs diamond. We had to get off the bikes and lift them over, totally unpassable. It wasn't around a blind corner or anything like that so luckily there was enough time to stop.

moorey

call me Mia
Any of you poofters there tomorrow? (Thursday).
I'll be there from 8am to about 1ish. Look out for a slow, lame runty c$&t on an old patriot, and say gday..or at least 'look out!'....or even 'strava run!'

MudRhino

Likes Dirt
Screw you Moorey - why can't you come out one a day that normal human beings ride on (e.g. Saturday and Sunday).

moorey

call me Mia
Screw you Moorey - why can't you come out one a day that normal human beings ride on (e.g. Saturday and Sunday).
Weekends are for working men. :hand:
You look sick, btw. I wouldn't work tomorrow if I was you. :whistle:

MudRhino

Likes Dirt
Ironically, I ate some bad take out this evening and I do look sick... but still going to work because I have 'work ethic'! Meaning, i have no sick days left :mmph:

cicot

Likes Dirt
If somebody finds a torx key on Trav's, I would be pleased to have it back. I am emotionally attached to it.
Thanks

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Im heading out his evening leaving the ranger hut around 4:30. On a yeti HT if you are around the trails

Thomas11

Likes Dirt
Anybody know what condition Youies is in today? Too wet to ride this arvo?
Was out there yesterday arvo and the place is in very good condition. The sandy terrain and well built trails with drainage means this place holds up excellent all year round.

Shan_Man

Likes Bikes
Hook up

Hey guys I'm going to take the downhill bike for a ride on Saturday arvo or Sunday. As I'm just getting into the sport I'm looking to hook up with a few people in the area to ride with. If your keen reply here or pm me.
Cheers.