AM Norco Sight 7.2

doihoi

Likes Dirt
Thanks all for your input :) in that case I'll leave the stem and maybe get a hektik carbon bar

JTmofo,

I do plan on upgrading the wheel set for something lighter, better, and stronger, and maybe get some Chris Kings or DT Swiss 240 hubs
I'm hoping to have the dropper post installed this week :)
Brakes, thinking of getting the XTs and Ice Techs discs, what are ppl's recommendations? I was thinking XTRs but I ain't no WC rider lol
As for saddles, not too sure lol

Thanks again for all your inputs.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Thanks all for your input :) in that case I'll leave the stem and maybe get a hektik carbon bar

JTmofo,

I do plan on upgrading the wheel set for something lighter, better, and stronger, and maybe get some Chris Kings or DT Swiss 240 hubs
I'm hoping to have the dropper post installed this week :)
Brakes, thinking of getting the XTs and Ice Techs discs, what are ppl's recommendations? I was thinking XTRs but I ain't no WC rider lol
As for saddles, not too sure lol

Thanks again for all your inputs.
Can go wrong with XT's, better value for money than XTR if not as blingy. SLX are also worth a look if your budget doesnt stretch to XT's.
I'm not a Shimano brake fanboi myself, but there is no doubt that they have very good stopping power.

Dropper is a must, I rode for one for as long as I could resist, then I broke! Glad i did, i use it all the time!
Wheels are a probably the best investment, but they are also one of the most expensive.
Always good value sets available on here second hand.... or you could go all out and build your own!

doihoi

Likes Dirt
Can go wrong with XT's, better value for money than XTR if not as blingy. SLX are also worth a look if your budget doesnt stretch to XT's.
I'm not a Shimano brake fanboi myself, but there is no doubt that they have very good stopping power.

Dropper is a must, I rode for one for as long as I could resist, then I broke! Glad i did, i use it all the time!
Wheels are a probably the best investment, but they are also one of the most expensive.
Always good value sets available on here second hand.... or you could go all out and build your own!
I've heard ppl generally use Shimano for brakes and SRAM for drivetrain but I guess each to their own
I invested on a KS Supernatural dropper, under the seat set up, I'll post photos up when they're installed

Haha I'm one of those guys that'll pull sht apart and looking at it, going that's awesome, then faaark, I don't remember how to put it back, so prob won't go the build my own path

When going second hand, what brands do you look for, for wheel sets, I mean my bro bought a set of ENVE carbon rims but that's too expensive
I found these http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/sho...Crossmax-Enduro-27-5-650b-WTS&highlight=mavic so I may need to do some research and might be too much yellow considering the bike is yellow lol

Klips

Likes Dirt
I've got the sight 7.1C and I just replaced the stock bars and stem with renthals (FB lite and duo 50mm) but that's because, for some unknown reason, mine came with 680mm bars and 90mm stem. Doing so has made my position better, which has made the ardents on there suck less. They're the next thing to go though, and eventually the wheels.

doihoi

Likes Dirt
I've got the sight 7.1C and I just replaced the stock bars and stem with renthals (FB lite and duo 50mm) but that's because, for some unknown reason, mine came with 680mm bars and 90mm stem. Doing so has made my position better, which has made the ardents on there suck less. They're the next thing to go though, and eventually the wheels.
I just measured, the bar is 740mm and the stem is 70mm

Has it made riding much better with the Renthals Fatbar lite and duo stem?

Klips

Likes Dirt
I just measured, the bar is 740mm and the stem is 70mm

Given the big difference in position for me, I've found it better. YMMV as it's nowhere near as dramatic a change for you (fatbars are 740 too). Helped the chopsticks quotient by 200g which is nice to take off the front end.

ChopSticks

Banned

if youre in XT territory $$ wise... and dont need the 'bling' the just opt for SLX..... its essentially an SLX with 'XT' written on it.
but honestly... for $99~ an end for XT.... you have no reason not to get it.
XTR only if you have nothing better to do :p and have the money for it... it wont be twice as good as the XT thats for sure!

JT: BAHAHAAHAH you finally caved! glad you did ! hope you heal up quick and get back on the bike

Helped the chopsticks quotient by 200g which is nice to take off the front end.
easiest way to take weight off the front is to grab a carbon bar! the reduction in trail buzz/chatter is worth the $$$

but before you upgrade anything..... first and foremost! upgrade the wheels !!!
I kinda regrt not spending the money on new wheels before all the other stuff I did.... of all the money I spent.... the wheels made the biggest difference (always knew the importance of good wheels... but never imagined it would transform the ride as much as it did for me)

Good Luck !

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
JT: BAHAHAAHAH you finally caved! glad you did ! hope you heal up quick and get back on the bike !
Hahahahaha thanks chops, shoulder is still fairly tender? Grade 2 rotator tear so just waiting for some steroid injections before I head to Europe.

Rode an SB66 with a dropper a few weeks ago, was so impressed with it! Got hooked up with a KS Dropzone, apart for the shit bar actuator I'm really impressed.
Ordered some new XT levers, left to be converted to dropper duties!

doihoi

Likes Dirt
2 weekends ago, took the bike out for a ride with the dropper installed, wow, weird feeling riding with the seat dropped, I can really throw the bike around etc

So my next mission to find out what I should use my $80 gift card at my LBS.. any suggestions?

kl3ggy

Likes Dirt
Next to the new forks and single chainring, this was the best change I have made on my bike. Wouldn't bother with the carbon version of the renthals.... Man it felt soo much better over the stock setup :D

Bikes coming along nicely, very capable ;D Once you start upgrading its hard to stop!!

doihoi

Likes Dirt
Next to the new forks and single chainring, this was the best change I have made on my bike. Wouldn't bother with the carbon version of the renthals.... Man it felt soo much better over the stock setup :D

Bikes coming along nicely, very capable ;D Once you start upgrading its hard to stop!!
Did you also change the headset or kept it stock?

haltz

Likes Dirt
Great bikes, I just talked my cousin into buyin one, little shit got it for $2000 from our local norco dealer, he's loving it! I got the 7.1 mid last year, hated it at first truthfully though haha I'm just upgrading it at the moment just sold off my dh bike but kept the saint m820 brakes for the sight haha they're actually beautiful on there, threw on some pikes and some carbon fatbar lites a narrow wide, tubeless set up and decided to trade in xt pedals for crank brothers candy 2 pedals and now everythings flooded so I still haven't ridden all th upgrades god damn it

Last edited: