Trading access FAQ

DeBloot

Feeling old
It's annoying and quite retarded really (lack of pics or on request)
People trying to sell a bike with no pics and/ or bugger all info - the mind boggles
I've bought quite a bit of stuff of RB
But if there's no pic, it's click in and click out

If they can't be bothered, then neither can I :wave:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I suspect this will have some relationship to the number of people who have recently expressed confusion about gaining trading access. Many confessing to not reading the short rules section. Maybe one of the mods needs to be ordained so they can run a confessional thread and exorcise stupidy from people.

quin66

Likes Dirt
Isn't it a breaking in to the forum for us new folk. We start out a bit slow on the up take, cop abuse and see if we hang in from there. Sort of like a right of passage.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Isn't it a breaking in to the forum for us new folk. We start out a bit slow on the up take, cop abuse and see if we hang in from there. Sort of like a right of passage.

I don't think it is quite like that. The rotor burn hand book says something along the lines of ensuring that new members are here to build the community of riders, rather than exploit the forum to move their junk. This isn't always ensured, but it seems to be the norm. For example if you have an ongoing stake in the forum you would beless inclined to flog off your twisted boxxers as in perfect condition to unsuspecting kids and dissapear. You would want to avoid the persinal shame of such an exploit and the negative impact that would be generated for the trading process and the reputation of the site and hopefully the future of less experienced riders. Plus you would probably get a lot of dog turds posted to you. Have you seen how many of us own dogs?

Sent from your mum's GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

quin66

Likes Dirt
Yup agree with you there. I am not here to be a fly by. Just moved back from 12 years in UK. This place looks the goods for bike minded people. Hope to contribute in some way. Maybe hook up on some rides. It's all good.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Yup agree with you there. I am not here to be a fly by. Just moved back from 12 years in UK. This place looks the goods for bike minded people. Hope to contribute in some way. Maybe hook up on some rides. It's all good.

Once you understand the humor and sarcasm which tends to make its way into almost every thread you will probably spend way too much time on here than you actually need to.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Once you understand the humor and sarcasm which tends to make its way into almost every thread you will probably spend way too much time on here than you actually need to.
You mean we're allowed to be sarcastic on here? Awesome, can ditch the fake meakness now.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
If you apply for trading access and are a new member with zero posts then you are clearly a moron. Don't apply unless you meet the criteria!!!!!!!!!!!!! Easily a quarter of the applications we get are dumb arses who don't read the rules then they bitch and moan about the place because they don't understand why we need them to read all the fucking rules!

moorey

call me Mia
If you apply for trading access and are a new member with zero posts then you are clearly a moron. Don't apply unless you meet the criteria!!!!!!!!!!!!! Easily a quarter of the applications we get are dumb arses who don't read the rules then they bitch and moan about the place because they don't understand why we need them to read all the fucking rules!
Fortunately, I gained automatic trading access back in the day. Not sure I have the cognitive wherewithal to pass today's strict protocols :behindsofa:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Dozer...didn't you start a thread specific for shaming these fucktards?
It'd be pointless. They are either new blood with no reputation on here to tarnish or they are user's I / we have demoralized and they've come back under a different guise and will get smashed to bits.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It'd be pointless. They are either new blood with no reputation on here to tarnish or they are user's I / we have demoralized and they've come back under a different guise and will get smashed to bits.
We must be vigilant....

And smart arsed.

XC_BIKE

Likes Dirt
When I go to post it logs me out

Can some one please help.

I log in,

I try to post an add using template etc, etc..

It keeps saying auto save.

I go to post the add and its logged out so I have lost all that friggen effort I went to.

Where does it auto save to? I can't find my add?

thanks

Minlak

custom titis
Can some one please help.

I log in,

I try to post an add using template etc, etc..

It keeps saying auto save.

I go to post the add and its logged out so I have lost all that friggen effort I went to.

Where does it auto save to? I can't find my add?

thanks
There is a timer on the login I fixed the issue by ticking the box keep me logged in when i signed in the first time. you can then log out if your on a public computer or if you dont want to stay logged in.

Or create the ad in notepad or word first then paste it.

driftking

Wheel size expert
There is a timer on the login I fixed the issue by ticking the box keep me logged in when i signed in the first time. you can then log out if your on a public computer or if you dont want to stay logged in.

Or create the ad in notepad or word first then paste it.
Ussually once you press post thread it will go to the log in menu but the thread ussually still posts. It does for me.

Also as for saved content Im not sure if it will still be there when you log in. It probably depends on your browser settings, however when you go to create thread again or post reply etc Down the bottom of the dialong box there will be something that says "restore auto saved content" Click it and it will restore the last saved content.

Untitled-1.jpg

wilso1

Likes Bikes
Keep the rules

Stick with the criteria. I've must have traded with over 10 farkers over the years (Knuckles and 0psi are two I can remember) without trading access (look at my number of posts). But then I've just been a buyer and using PMs.
Please don't think I freeload on the forums, but without the time to contribute meaningfully, and without the wit of wordsmiths like Knuckles, my posts would be meaningless.

stirk

Burner
Stick with the criteria. I've must have traded with over 10 farkers over the years (Knuckles and 0psi are two I can remember) without trading access (look at my number of posts). But then I've just been a buyer and using PMs.
Please don't think I freeload on the forums, but without the time to contribute meaningfully, and without the wit of wordsmiths like Knuckles, my posts would be meaningless.
Knuckles, wordsmith.... Do these words belong together in the same sentence without the word not in between... hehehe

wilso1, there is no such thing as a 'meaningless' post, they all have a meaning no matter how good or bad. They might however be pointless.

Bloody freeloader.

Moving a thread

Hey guys,

Just wondering how I move a post (thread) from one sub section to another? I have an add in the xcountry section and would like to move it to the all mountain. Sorry I have tried searching and couldn't find anything.

Cheers