Bupa members 15% off

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So I discovered recently that as a Bupa health insurance member I am entitled to 15% off Trek bike and Bontrager gear. Have confirmed that this is off the RRP of Fuel 9 which is a pretty damn good discount. Will post in the fuckwit thread about me not knowing about this when I went to buy my new bike 8 months ago!

Thought it might help someone else.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
I posted this about a year ago.... Mate has bought 2 Treks and got the discount both times.

psawatske

Cannon Fodder
So I discovered recently that as a Bupa health insurance member I am entitled to 15% off Trek bike and Bontrager gear. Have confirmed that this is off the RRP of Fuel 9 which is a pretty damn good discount. Will post in the fuckwit thread about me not knowing about this when I went to buy my new bike 8 months ago!

Giddy up... it will help me out!

Matt C

Likes Dirt

Jesus ! It's nice to hear someone say that 15% off is a good deal for a change.

Matt C

Likes Dirt
15% off a current model is a good deal. 15% off an previous year model isn't.
You sound like a customer I'd be happy to go out of my way for. 15% off a new model is a starting point for negotiating for most people and is typically expected. The Bupa deal has been working well hence the extension.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its nice about the discount but IMHO they are not a Health Fund that I would join just for that.
As stupid as it sounds it is the only benefit I used as I haven't claimed any medical expenses for about 3 years!

Primary reason I have private health cover is for tax reasons!

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
As stupid as it sounds it is the only benefit I used as I haven't claimed any medical expenses for about 3 years!

Primary reason I have private health cover is for tax reasons!
hahaha... time to start taking more chances when out riding!!!!

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Yep tax reasons .
Also peace of mind as a doctor I can tell you that its second rate treatment as a public patient without private insurance.
My first serious injury + I signed up its expensive but after a few more fractured clavicle ,face I found it was definitely worth it .

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hahaha... time to start taking more chances when out riding!!!!
I neglected to mention I've had a visit to the emergency dept. in that time though! :p

Yep tax reasons .
Also peace of mind as a doctor I can tell you that its second rate treatment as a public patient without private insurance.
My first serious injury + I signed up its expensive but after a few more fractured clavicle ,face I found it was definitely worth it .
100% agree with you there!

On a serious note the 15% BUPA discount is a good side benefit for joining the health fund, it's good to see they are encouraging members to take up healthy activites such as cycling!