Trading area updates

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Howdy folks,
We're updating some of the trading area rules and processes so please read through and understand what is involved.

-You cannot sell for friends or acquaintances. This creates too many variables and delays a sale immensely. Only list items for trade or sale that you have in your possession and are your's to sell. Any thread or item listed as selling for a mate is going to be removed and you'll cop a penalty.

-Put "Sold" in the title of an item you have sold. It's easy to do, just go into the original post in your thread once the item is sold and click on "edit post". Then you click on "go advanced" and just type the four magic letters; SOLD. The system will pick that up after a while and shift it from the trading area. Too many stale items are sitting in the trading area so please edit your title to say sold once it's sold and it's gone. We're cracking down on this so expect a message from the site staff if you don't update it accordingly. If you are browsing the trading area and you see an item that is sold but isn't in the title then please use the "report post" function and we'll send the dogs in.

-Also in reference to the trading area, please take some time to look at the things you have for sale that may have been sitting there for a while and consider either removing the listing or adjusting your price to sell the item. My motto with selling items on the site is to sell it quickly rather than run a sale for months on end without budging on the price. It's simple for me; I price it to sell it.

Thanks for your co operation, we provide a reliable trading area for like minded people and every effort we make to improve it is purely for your benefit. ;)

John U

MTB Precision
I'm having trouble seeing any of the text in throeads you've posted in dozer. Your youtube one was the same.

I can't see this text as I type. Forgive any spelling mistakes. Is this caused by these changes?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Just for the record, every time some one reports a thread where the title hasn't been changed I send an infraction notice to the user responsible.

They aren't being ignored.

John U

MTB Precision
I'm having trouble seeing any of the text in throeads you've posted in dozer. Your youtube one was the same.

I can't see this text as I type. Forgive any spelling mistakes. Is this caused by these changes?
The issue's not occurring anymore. Might've been the computer I was using.

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
It might be helpful for people if the instructions for changing the title to SOLD were in the template sticky or it's own sticky.
It is not actually that clear on how to do it just looking at the thread/post. There's not really any reason someone might look at this post to see it either.

soontir

Likes Dirt
It might be helpful for people if the instructions for changing the title to SOLD were in the template sticky or it's own sticky.
It is not actually that clear on how to do it just looking at the thread/post. There's not really any reason someone might look at this post to see it either.
This is true.
And adding sold in tappatalk is impossible.
It's also difficult to add the template to the ad's if you're using tappatalk or some similar apps on a phone.
If there is a way of making it more friendly that would be great.

BTW I don't use a PC or Mac any more and everything is posted on this phatlet that I have.