Wylde MTB trail Western Sydney Parklands

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers for all your help. I'll go in the event and see what happens. I'll report back in a few months with results.

DJR

Likes Dirt
Hmm weird. I don't think its suited to am / gravity style riding. Maybe if its just the last section from pleasure or spiderface onwards, but that part isn't long. Definitely XC

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
With the current tracks theres nothing I can see that you could link up as an AM event. Sure you can run the top down but youve still got the pain section plus the fenceline ride so far from gravity oriented.
Theres no particularly large features either. Ive only unclipped once, to check the a line over the tree. Its dead easy but you cant see over it until committed, and never thought to use my dropper there. None of this is a dis to the track but it is what it is right now.

SUNDAY

Likes Bikes
Rode the full loop today for the first time. Place rolls fast with plenty of flow but I'm disappointed with the amount of needless uphill 'features'. Larger Rollers going uphill that steal momentum are ridiculous but seem to be a common feature in these 'purpose' built ride parks. With so much dirt moved around it would have been great if more genuine jumps were built than the few sneaky step ups and downs that are there.

Luco

Likes Dirt
Rode the full loop today for the first time. Place rolls fast with plenty of flow but I'm disappointed with the amount of needless uphill 'features'. Larger Rollers going uphill that steal momentum are ridiculous but seem to be a common feature in these 'purpose' built ride parks. With so much dirt moved around it would have been great if more genuine jumps were built than the few sneaky step ups and downs that are there.
Couldn't agree more. Rode it again Saturday just past, it was hot! Every down hill is pretty fun, flowy, smooth etc but they all end in record time and before you know it your dumping gears and raising seats. I wouldn't mind longer climbs for longer downs. There's also a few off camber corners up hill coming from a hill down which makes things pretty interesting if your not prepared.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How does this track stand up to rain? We've had a fair bit in the last few days but with the forecast improving is this likely to be open by the weekend?

notime

Likes Dirt
How does this track stand up to rain? We've had a fair bit in the last few days but with the forecast improving is this likely to be open by the weekend?
Next to impossible to ride when wet/raining but dries within hours. Keep an eye on Western Sydney Parklands facebook page for when it re opens though.

styler

Likes Dirt
Some areas of the track are very over grown at the moment and I don't think all this rain will be helping with the weed growth. I hope they do some weed control soon before the trails disappears.

DJR

Likes Dirt
some of the thistles on bends are in perfect position to scrape knees, wouldn't be sad to see them get ripped out
The sight lines in too many sections are too short with all the weed growth - must be a simple solution or just need more trail maintenance.

If someone could ride the track with two hedge trimmers attached to 1000mm handlebars that'd be great :)

styler

Likes Dirt
The sight lines in too many sections are too short with all the weed growth - must be a simple solution or just need more trail maintenance.

If someone could ride the track with two hedge trimmers attached to 1000mm handlebars that'd be great :)
I was thinking of attaching weed sprayers to the bike.

styler

Likes Dirt
Rode a slow lap this afternoon, its very dusty and loose at the moment. Somebody thought doing a lap on a motorbike and ripping the place up would be fun.:mad2:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Hope those moto &?.!.'s aren't back there. I heard them there once but never saw them. Sounded like a 2 x big 4 stroke's.

I'd consider a handlebar mounted .50 calibre peacemaker cabled up to my shifters if Shimano/Sram/Answer were kind enough to make it.

styler

Likes Dirt
Hope those moto &?.!.'s aren't back there. I heard them there once but never saw them. Sounded like a 2 x big 4 stroke's.

I'd consider a handlebar mounted .50 calibre peacemaker cabled up to my shifters if Shimano/Sram/Answer were kind enough to make it.
That's a bit extreme.....:scared: love your thinking.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Signs out there today advising maintenance is on the next two monday's from dawn to 330 so trail is closed. Overgrowth is something they mentioned as addressing. Was a bit wild when you have no idea where the trail is 5 metres ahead.
Some corners were quite deep in loose dust too.

Had a nice meeting on the fence run, mumma roo with joey in pouch. Slowed up and we regarded eachother from about 10 feet before she bounded away. Much better aussie trail experience than the spiders on the drop toilet seat you get on the oaks.

DJR

Likes Dirt
Yeah I just saw on the WSP Facebook feed they are doing a big weed removal with brushcutters and will try to get a weed maintenance plan going.

Sounds like fun to go down after Monday week though and enjoy the improved sight lines on some of those overgrown corners!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Had a nice meeting on the fence run, mumma roo with joey in pouch. Slowed up and we regarded eachother from about 10 feet before she bounded away.
She is a biggun and I usually see her in middle of the trail near the Col de Cecil. I give her a plenty of room.

There are 3 smaller greys that live in the Western Sydney Regional Park that must have escaped from the City Farm. They stay well hidden away considering they are so close to suburbia.

styler

Likes Dirt
WYLDE MTB TRAIL STATUS :
Open for riding sunrise to sunset
REMINDER: Wylde will be closed on Wednesday 25 February for artwork installations. (UM)

This was on the facebook page so Im guessing no new trail features.