Jonny Sprockets Outlet Store now live. FREE FREIGHT!

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Front hub is exactly the same. Rear EVO has a 17mm diameter axle compared to 15mm on older model and slightly higher POE on the EVO too.

Conversion kits can be purchased but there's nothing wrong with the non EVO hubs.

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
Thanks for chipping in guys.

The chain goes something like this-
Hope Bulb-> Hope pro II-> Hope pro II evo-> Hope pro II evo 40t

So its a little older hub, but still super high quality and loud, firm engagements. We will hopefully be adding more soon, so keep an eye out.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Not sure if I am 100% correct, the non evo version had a slightly smaller axle, to convert to 142 you need to purchase new axle, not just end caps. I bought the kit a while back for 30ish aud. I also think the evos have slightly better bearings, not that I've ever had bearing issues with hope.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Can anyone confirm if the freehub body will be compatible with a Hope pro 2 Evo hub?

My plan is to swap an XD driver from my current wheelset with the new hub body on the pro 2.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Can anyone confirm if the freehub body will be compatible with a Hope pro 2 Evo hub?

My plan is to swap an XD driver from my current wheelset with the new hub body on the pro 2.
Freehub body not compatible. Different (larger) external diameter on the EVO axle.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Not sure if I am 100% correct, the non evo version had a slightly smaller axle, to convert to 142 you need to purchase new axle, not just end caps. I bought the kit a while back for 30ish aud. I also think the evos have slightly better bearings, not that I've ever had bearing issues with hope.
I have non EVO with a 12mm through axle. I'm able to change from 142 x12 to 135 x 12 to 135 x 9 QR with end caps alone. Need a new axle for 10mm bolt up and 10mm through.