Best laid plans of mice and men...

nettabs

Squid
So I'm up in the ACT for a wedding, figured I've never riden up here so made plans to do a ride. Initial plan was to go all-out and do the whole Centenial Trail. Loaded up my backpack, gave the trusty steed a final touch up and here we are. I have a 1-day window.

At the wedding, turns out one of the bridesmaids gave up a race today and we got talking. She pretty much said don't bother with the Centenial and instead hit up Stromlo. So a quick look at the Stromlo site and I agree. New plan, a solid half day up at Stromlo.

Get home from the wedding and my 7yr old girl is up out of bed holding a tissue to her ear. She says 'my ear hurts and it's oily. The tissue was soaked so off the Woden ED. Its now 2am and ut seems it's an ear infection that's ruptured the drum. Yay.

So, the best laid plans...

I'll be damned if I'm bringing the steed up and not riding it! Looks like it'll be a tired ride around Stromlo for 1 or 2 hrs and a long sleep in the arvo.

Klips

Likes Dirt
Stromlo is going to be a little chewed after yesterday's Capital Punishment so just beware of braking ruts you could almost disappear into - I was in one of the earlier waves and there was already a lot of damage going on. The good news is, it stayed pretty much all on green trails so the fun blue stuff like pork barrel, northern express and heartbreaker are just as they were.

nettabs

Squid
Thanks for the heads-up Klips. That was the event the bridesmaid missed out on. Sounds like it was fun.

I ended up hitting the pillow at 4am and optimistically set the alarm for 6:30. Yeah, that didn't happen. Going to head over later this arvo for a but of an easy roll around.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
The centenary trail is very worth a ride if you're not a local.

It's a cool journey!

If you're interested I made a thread about centenary trail in a day here if you search

nettabs

Squid
The centenary trail is very worth a ride if you're not a local.

It's a cool journey!

If you're interested I made a thread about centenary trail in a day here if you search
Yeah, I'm still interested in doing it. I read a thread here on RB about doing it in a day, it might have been yours I'm not sure. Seeing as I only had a short time up here I think Stromlo was the better choice in the end. Bang for buck type of thing. I just went and spent an hour and a half up there on sunset and had so much fun. I wished I had left an hour earlier to do a few more trails but the loop I did wad thoroughly enjoyable.

nettabs

Squid
Stromlo is going to be a little chewed after yesterday's Capital Punishment so just beware of braking ruts you could almost disappear into - I was in one of the earlier waves and there was already a lot of damage going on. The good news is, it stayed pretty much all on green trails so the fun blue stuff like pork barrel, northern express and heartbreaker are just as they were.
Yeah there was a bit of juttering going on into a lot of bends. I did pork barrel and had a smile on my face the whole time.

Apart from that run I pretty much follwed the greens around as I left it a bit late and light wasn't great so kept it safe. Last thing I wanted was an off up the top with no local knowledge and very few other riders around.

I'll definitely be coming back! Next trip up it'll be the main priority.