Giddy UP....... New Transition

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Hey Xero- please let me know if sell an XL Smuggler in VIC. I need to sit on one to be sure.

xero

Supersports
do you know what dealers in vic will be stocking them would love a test ride on a patrol
We are currently talking to a few possible new dealers down in Vic at the moment, however until finalised, your local fav store can order bikes in.
Demo bikes are available, but it depends on if the store requests them, and thats dependent on if we have them or they are out and about.

Get Mounted

Likes Dirt
Trannies in WA?

Contrary to what the online dating sites say, I don't believe there are any Trannies for sale in the West. Is this the case?

xero

Supersports
Contrary to what the online dating sites say, I don't believe there are any Trannies for sale in the West. Is this the case?
I'll stay away from the dating sites... But your maybe using them wrong.
No set stockist in Perth at the moment, so your local can order... Kalamundra Cycles can get you sorted as well.
Otherwise, shoot us an email or PM and we will do what we can for you.... We show no prejudice... Everyone has the right to a Tranny.

Last edited:

xero

Supersports
can you do the 2015 frames alittle cheaper please

many thanks

Me
Can you please get the Aussie dollar to pick up in value....... we are at an all time low.
BUT
We are actually right on target with the USD pricing in Australia.
IE: USD Smuggler price $1799 ( No taxes added ) divided by the current exchange rate... ( as in the one you would get .... not the good old XE conversion ) Say ANZ Bank current rate of .74 . $1799 USD divided by .74 = $2431.08 + GST = $2674.19 OUR RRP $2699........ Check it out..... Its actually cheaper to buy in Australia than import one from the US..... As you would need to add shipping on top as well.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Can you please get the Aussie dollar to pick up in value....... we are at an all time low.
BUT
We are actually right on target with the USD pricing in Australia.
IE: USD Smuggler price $1799 ( No taxes added ) divided by the current exchange rate... ( as in the one you would get .... not the good old XE conversion ) Say ANZ Bank current rate of .74 . $1799 USD divided by .74 = $2431.08 + GST = $2674.19 OUR RRP $2699........ Check it out..... Its actually cheaper to buy in Australia than import one from the US..... As you would need to add shipping on top as well.
I know you are doing it right mate- stuff is just expensive thats all.

kand

Likes Dirt
Norco, avanti and others have been using fsr forever and that didnt seem worthy of a mention....

The speed of their change to fsr now the patent expired shows they didnt have the greatest of confidence in their old design.
Oh...don't say that. I swapped my fsr designed bike for a Transition Bandit 2013...yawwwwww

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Smuggler for tall people

Interestingly I have been crunching the numbers on XL 29er short travel trail bikes and this Smuggler is really unique. I initially thought that an XL smuggler was going to be too small for me. Im 6.4 and have a fairly long torso/arms. I have been looking for a bike/ frame for general trail riding that is fun, flickable and capable to handle my heft/size. Also a frame where I can run a short stem and wide bars and inline dropper.

Bikes reviewed against the Smuggler I looked at ETT, reach and chainstay length- most have a similar head angle around 68 degrees.

Brand Model ETT mm/inches Reach Chain Stays mm/ inches
Transition Smuggler 647/ 25.4 483 435/ 17.1
Yeti SB 95 635/25 ? 445/17.5
Hammer Head X-130 635/25 ? 445/17.5
Trek Fuel 650/25.6 466 450/17.8
Specialized Camber 645/25.2 454 451/17.9
Specialized Stumpjumper 648/25.4 456 455/18.1
Salsa Horsethief 650/25.6 465 437/17.2
Intense Spider C 648/25.5 470 445/17.5
Average 644.75/25.1 463 445/ 17.5

You will notice the Smuggle is above average ETT, the longest reach by far and the shortest chainstays (well under the average). Obviously there are many other factors that work towards having a fun, playful and capable frame but I find these numbers really positive.

I feel the reach measurement really helps to run a short stem and wide bars- ideal for general FS 29er trail riding.

Sorry to post in your thread Xero- but the more I investigate and review the better it looks. Not only for XL but for others that either want to potentially downsize frame sizes to gain more playfulness and still run short stem and dropper.

Now I just need a test ride- in Melbourne thanks.

Last edited:

moman

Likes Dirt
Jeeez JD. The smuggler looks super sweet on paper. And it comes in Yeti turquoise ;)

Just jump in and get one in XL and let me know how it rides! May be my SB95 down the track replacement :)

skinnybeans

Likes Dirt
From the sound of it you had to be pretty lucky to get your hands on a 2015 transition frame. Lots of people over on mtbr saying how few were around given the demand for them.