Help for an injured rider

4dabush

Likes Dirt
Hi All,

One of our Cairns locals, and a recent addition to the MTB family had a bad stack at Smithfield on Sunday. Ricky is 32 and is now in a medically induced coma in Brisbane after a head first bail. At this stage all we know is he has serious neck injury and a long road of recovery ahead of him. His family are based south of Sydney. One of his close friends has set up a fundraiser for him to help both he and his family cope with his ordeal.

Here is the link to his fundraising site - http://www.gofundme.com/zdnjs4

If any RB members can help and/or share this amongst your riding buddies, it might make his recovery a little less stressful.

I've met Ricky numerous times out on the trail, and he regualrly rides alone. He has caught up with me often when I have been doing maintenance and he always makes a point to stop, say thanks and have a quick chat. He has quickly become a dedicated rider, progressing quickly to tougher trails. This accident was an OTB into a berm - sort of thing that could have happened to anyone. Luckily, he was riding with others when this happened and was fortunate to get medical help quickly. Unfortunately, he was serious enought that he was taken out of the park by Helicopter, despite being alongside an access road - and the accident did not happen on the World Cup track.

Thanks

Adam
(Mods' if this doesnt belong here - please move /remove).

mrx78u

Likes Dirt
Thanks for putting this out there. I'll pay a visit to his fund raising site. This sucks, I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Hi All,

One of our Cairns locals, and a recent addition to the MTB family had a bad stack at Smithfield on Sunday. Ricky is 32 and is now in a medically induced coma in Brisbane after a head first bail. At this stage all we know is he has serious neck injury and a long road of recovery ahead of him. His family are based south of Sydney. One of his close friends has set up a fundraiser for him to help both he and his family cope with his ordeal.

Here is the link to his fundraising site - http://www.gofundme.com/zdnjs4

If any RB members can help and/or share this amongst your riding buddies, it might make his recovery a little less stressful.

I've met Ricky numerous times out on the trail, and he regualrly rides alone. He has caught up with me often when I have been doing maintenance and he always makes a point to stop, say thanks and have a quick chat. He has quickly become a dedicated rider, progressing quickly to tougher trails. This accident was an OTB into a berm - sort of thing that could have happened to anyone. Luckily, he was riding with others when this happened and was fortunate to get medical help quickly. Unfortunately, he was serious enought that he was taken out of the park by Helicopter, despite being alongside an access road - and the accident did not happen on the World Cup track.

Thanks

Adam
(Mods' if this doesnt belong here - please move /remove).