AM 2015 Reign Advanced 1 with upgrades

downhiller96

Likes Dirt
Went out and bought myself some treats for the reign, putting a HOPE 34t single ring up front, 40t Absolute Black expander cog on the rear, Guide RS brakes, Boobars, Renthal grips, G3 Chain guide and SRAM chain and cassette. Really happy with how it's running now and don't plan on doing many upgrades apart from the wheels later down the track. Keen for round 3 KOB next weekend✊!

Not sure why the photos came out like that...oh well, you get the idea

So Ive had my 2015 Reign advanced 1 for almost 2 weeks now and am really loving it! Raced it at Mt Buller last weekend for the vic enduro series which was its first test, and I was really impressed! The reign is a really capable agressive enduro/downhill machine, but with the flick of 2 switches it can be a really good xc climber! I went for a large and being 6 ft 1 i thought that would be perfect which is almost is. Climbing and riding XC its amazing but riding the techy DH stuff it feling alittle too long in the top tube, which can always be changed quite easily(shorter stem). So yeah thats my thoughts on the bike, really happy with it and recomend getting one if you thinking about it!
Here is a flick!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I'm more interested in that gabion wall construction. It seems to have been built for aesthetics, not retention? Tell me more...I like it!

HindleJ

Squid
Hey mate i have picked myself up one of these also, love it but the brakes need an upgrade i think.
I want to get some guide rs-rsc as you have, are you still running the slx shifters?
If so did you buy some problem solvers to run the matchmaker?

downhiller96

Likes Dirt
Hey mate i have picked myself up one of these also, love it but the brakes need an upgrade i think.
I want to get some guide rs-rsc as you have, are you still running the slx shifters?
If so did you buy some problem solvers to run the matchmaker?
sorry for being so late to reply mate!

i just bought a zee shifter because of that exact reason, to solve the problem of the matchmaker.

HindleJ

Squid
Thank's for the reply, I ended up going for zee brakes to keep the ispecb.

I'm not fit enough for 1x yet so it was going to be 2x shifters or the problem solvers.
Really happy with the zee brakes though.
Great bike's to ride

downhiller96

Likes Dirt
Thank's for the reply, I ended up going for zee brakes to keep the ispecb.

I'm not fit enough for 1x yet so it was going to be 2x shifters or the problem solvers.
Really happy with the zee brakes though.
Great bike's to ride
Nice choice mate! I was on the look out for some Zee brakes second hand but none came up so I went for the Guides, still love the feel of Shimano better though!