The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Certainly sounds like it's going to be closer than I would have thought.

My thoughts were that Turnbull would have been pretty secure in the numbers to have moved prior to a by-election like this - that there would have been a clear move to replace Abbott before he moved. Not sure this is the case according to coverage.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Certainly sounds like it's going to be closer than I would have thought.

My thoughts were that Turnbull would have been pretty secure in the numbers to have moved prior to a by-election like this - that there would have been a clear move to replace Abbott before he moved. Not sure this is the case according to coverage.
Are you assuming it was planned ? Perhaps the leak on the cabinet reshuffle brought it forward?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I read somewhere that TA is 3 days away from a PM pension; it almost like a 80s cop movie trope..,....
This would be the best reason to oust the bastard that I've heard yet! Let him piss off into obscurity without the public rotting pension, perfect.

stirk

Burner
This would be the best reason to oust the bastard that I've heard yet! Let him piss off into obscurity without the public rotting pension, perfect.
Oh such deserts!

He will probably scrape it in, technically maybe still PM until B2 is sworn in and they'll drag that out so he gets the dosh. Being hated by so many must be worth some coin.

Drizz

Likes Dirt
Oh such deserts!

He will probably scrape it in, technically maybe still PM until B2 is sworn in and they'll drag that out so he gets the dosh. Being hated by so many must be worth some coin.
.....and just like the trope..... He was 3 days away from retiring from the force.......