EVIL Bikes in AUS

stu44

Farkin Advertiser
We are pleased to announce that we at Defcon Cycles, are representing EVIL bikes for Aus

EVIL bikes are back in a big way with Kevin Walsh at the helm with design assistance from Dave Weagle. Walsh has moved production to a new factory and rebooted both the brand and the bikes.

EVILs 2 new models, The FOLLOWING and The INSURGENT are open for pre order, with the first small batch avail mid October. (if in a mad rush we can air freight ex US as Followings are avail now)

the FOLLOWING Frame w Monarch Debonair RT3 $4395 (buildkit pricing avail shortly)

The FOLLOWING, aggressive 120mm trail 29er built for blasting the trails

Monster truck wheels with a sports car feel. EVIL really wanted to create a FUN,versatile, yet aggressive short travel, big wheel trail bike with progressive geometry that could be at home on all day adventures, slashing trails or riding jump lines.

Following_Orange_Front_2_600x500.jpg

Following_Feature_1200x1000-600x5001.jpg

the INSURGENT Frame with Monarch Plus Debonair $4695 (buildkit pricing avail shortly)

The INSURGENT, Super aggressive 150mm 27.5

The Insurgent is a 27.5in 150mm travel trail assassin. with DH strong carbon layup, and the Dave Weagle DELTA suspension system, its built to shred berms, rally down anything you can muster up the courage for, and blast back up.

FBC_92464.jpg

FBC_92651_600.jpg

Get in touch here for more info and to pre order for the first batch

Last edited:

stu44

Farkin Advertiser
Includes shock

Following - RS Monarch RT3 Debonair
Insurgent - RS Monarch plus Debonair

Ill update orig to reflect

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Its a lot of money.... but its on a par with the cost of frames from the likes of Santa Cruz, Yeti etc.

The Following is on my list if I'm ever in a position to spend that kind of $$$$ again without divorce!
Good luck with the new venture Stu. :rockon:

Yeti Dan

Likes Dirt
Its a lot of money.... but its on a par with the cost of frames from the likes of Santa Cruz, Yeti etc.

The Following is on my list if I'm ever in a position to spend that kind of $$$$ again without divorce!
Good luck with the new venture Stu. :rockon:
Not the Sb6c.. 5.5k :crazy:

Do you have an idea on the frame weight?

dunndog

Eats Squid
Hooly dooly! I bought my 2014 undead frame with '14 rc4 for $2300 aud.. Granted the dollar was 90-92 cents then, and I bought it direct from Seattle, but still thats a good jump in price!

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Hooly dooly! I bought my 2014 undead frame with '14 rc4 for $2300 aud.. Granted the dollar was 90-92 cents then, and I bought it direct from Seattle, but still thats a good jump in price!
Was it a current model when you bought it ? Was the $2300 inclusive of duty and GST ?

If so, a cracking price.

Demo Eight

Likes Bikes
I paid about the same landed for the undead and about $2700 for the uprising frame direct from Evil. These where bought about 8 months apart, and yes the dollar was a lot better against he usd

dunndog

Eats Squid
Was it a current model when you bought it ? Was the $2300 inclusive of duty and GST ?

If so, a cracking price.
$2470 landed, and yep current model-but they don't do year models as such, just came with the current shock. I left out other charges to reflect the difference in purchase price between then and now.

Zac Hinton

St Bernard
The Insurgent looks kickass. Love the integrated chain guide. If only I could break my Rune to have an excuse to get a new frame. Pricing is pretty reasonable for a carbon boutique frame builder with Aus warranty support I reckon. If you want something special you have to pay!

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
If you want something special you have to pay!
Thats why prostitutes always charge more when you want them to act 'dead'.

I thought it was way to much, the bike that is, but its very competitive vs most other boutique frames, the aud is in a sad state for imports. There was a bloke at youies a month ago that was on a uprising, it certainly look nice.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Ordered myself an XL Insurgent in slime over the weekend. The integrated guide, threaded bb and no boost really sold me on it. Now just to wait a week and try limit the build cost blowing out :p.