Post your all mountain bike

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Yea the crc deal on them is really good atm. It was a winner when i got one at ~$820, now its a no brainer over the competition imo.....
The alu version is only $455. Are you guys that keen on the chromo at almost double the price?

dano_mtb

Likes Dirt
I don't ride this beast often enough, I've been putting in too many kms on my XC bike instead.
I forgot how fun my HD3 was.

Attachments

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
I don't ride this beast often enough, I've been putting in too many kms on my XC bike instead.
I forgot how fun my HD3 was.
It should be a federal offence to not ride that thing enough. 10/10 would bang.

Edit: what are the wheels? The tyres look huge in that photo.

dano_mtb

Likes Dirt
Thanks guys. Yeah the wheels are Ibis 741 carbons. I actually use the Ikon 2.35s on the front of my 130mm 29er xc/trail bike and they are surprisingly grippy and roll really well.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sort of all mountain, here's my trail bike.

I have been on this for almost a year now & it has seen a lot of small changes from the original build, from my old bike.

Very happy with it as it stands, although I do swap the Ardent Race out for a full blood Ardent when it's wetter. The ride is far better than my skills with a camera phone.

Attachments

JoelFitz

Likes Dirt
Anyone running a mojo hd3? After some feedback how they go as a trail bike and not so much full on all mountain stuff. Coming off a Pivot Mach 5.7

NUTTTR

Likes Dirt
Anyone running a mojo hd3? After some feedback how they go as a trail bike and not so much full on all mountain stuff. Coming off a Pivot Mach 5.7
I do. I also do mostly trail and XC, not sure what is classed as "enduro" in sydney anyway... If you carry enough speed XC features can become big enough to need the travel and a capable bike that doesn't want to kill you.

I highly suggest reading as many reviews as you can and calling Stu @ Defcon and getting a demo if you are in QLD. It is what you make it too, the bike is very efficient in my opinion and feels very stable!

JoelFitz

Likes Dirt
Yeah I demoed a bike from stu. Great guy and awesome bike. Was built super burly though and bit hard to imagine it with a more trail orientated build.

NUTTTR

Likes Dirt
Yeah I demoed a bike from stu. Great guy and awesome bike. Was built super burly though and bit hard to imagine it with a more trail orientated build.
Ah right, seen your post on mtbr & PF. I have Stans Flow EX on mine and an Ikon rear/2.3 DHRII front, I don't find it hard to pedal ever usually and I also ride it on the roads to/from tracks.

Mine is about 12.7kg without the saddle bag and it has 2x10 XT drivetrain, Pikes & hope brakes. It could be more playful sometimes, but that is easy to rectify by going faster. The bike is a lot better than I can ride it - there are a few reviews comparing the Pivot Mach 6 to it and the general consensus appeared to be that the HD3 is a much better bike overall especially climbing.

Is your pivot too much bike, not fun enough, or something? What is the reason for upgrading?