VIC Lysterfield Park

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
One of the kids managed to hit old Griff the goat a couple of weeks ago at the Friday night race. That's some serious goat watch motivation showing through!

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Yeah I'm heading out at 10:30 on the fat bike (don't hold that against me)

Two sundays ago I went for a 6 hr walk with the little man in the pram and did a lot of the fire roads in the park, stopped and watched at Anurisym a few fat bikes really hooking it up in the turns. Could hear them coming with all that tire noise.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
It's so wet out there! Must have pissed down last night,more than I thought

Never seen the trails so wet

By 5pm it was fine, upper Blair witch and Trailmix tracks had some puddles. Christ hug was slippery, fine surface layer was moist but under that dry, had the foot down a few times.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski

Lard

Likes Dirt
I wondered about this the other day, there's a couple of short little 'digs' on hug going up a short climb that are way too short and deep to be braking ruts. I couldn't see any way of making these with pedal power, stationary rear wheel spinning isn't something you'd normally get up to on a treadly...
Unless it's me, my legs can push 2000W easy!

Olly said Parks will come down hard on anyone riding illegal electric bikes found in the park, and I hope they do. It's hard enough keeping the trails in good nick, we don't need these fools doing more damage.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Unless it's me, my legs can push 2000W easy!

Olly said Parks will come down hard on anyone riding illegal electric bikes found in the park, and I hope they do. It's hard enough keeping the trails in good nick, we don't need these fools doing more damage.

What's the best way to contact PV in such a stuation? No doubt it will be after 5pm on a weekend.

hungrytiger

Likes Dirt
The Parks number is 13 1963, but yes it's probably not an option outside business hours. Just like with the motos, you can take rego of a vehicle if you see the bikes being loaded back in at the end of a ride. This could then be passed onto Parks Vic or LDTR. The issue of powerful ebikes has been discussed a few times with PV and there is no doubt that it is illegal to ride them in the park. Part of this will be just an education issue - as with the introduction of any new technology to the mass market.