Terrorism: Paris, Syria, Turkey, Belgium, Florida......

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
For some reason I have channel 7 on - wtf is wrong with that deal or no deal guy ? Oh, we don't know who is responsible..... Get fucked, of course we do. He'd be the one trying to talk nicely to the gunman as he executes another hostage.

Sorry, pissed off, especially when Putin is about the only one prepared to do something about these religious nutbags

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Daesh just brought a shitload of pain on themselves. The French, despite their reputation as being a bunch of cheese eating surrender monkeys won't pussyfoot around with their response to this.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Sorry, pissed off, especially when Putin is about the only one prepared to do something about these religious nutbags
Putin is in Syria to support Bashad, not fight Daesh. He is dropping bombs on moderate Muslims that are fighting both the regime and Daesh.
I guess you don't read the papers much because even Australia is giving air support to those fighting the Sunni nutjobs. Turkey, Jordan, France, Kurds, USA, Germany, Poland, Iran, Egypt, and even Hezbollah are involved along with a whole heap of others.

moorey

call me Mia
Putin is in Syria to support Bashad, not fight Daesh. He is dropping bombs on moderate Muslims that are fighting both the regime and Daesh.
I guess you don't read the papers much because even Australia is giving air support to those fighting the Sunni nutjobs. Turkey, Jordan, France, Kurds, USA, Germany, Poland, Iran, Egypt, and even Hezbollah are involved along with a whole heap of others.
That's just nitpicking.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Oh come on......

The doubtful motivation of Russia is surely equalled be the doubtful motivation of the Americans?

Too many inter alliances for the west to figure out what to do - is my enemy more important than my enemies enemy, or is being an ally with my enemy tha absolute worst?

Dictators are shit, but at least they keep the looneys in line

Horribly, this is shaping up for >200

limeyfingers

Likes Dirt
Before the western backed overthrowing of the strongmen such as Saddam, Gaddafi and such the whole Isis wanker brigade was to scared to show their heads, now with weak leadership in these countries the fuckwits have multiplied. Death to all supporters of Isis not just the killers but the radical clerics/hatemongers.If the old strongmen were still in power the west would not be facing this problem now, this a fact. I shall now prepare for my flaming for being honest

Freediver

I can go full Karen
The motivations of the various nations involved are actually pretty obvious, the Russians are in Syria because it is the host of the only navel base they have on the Mediterranean. The Yanks and the rest of the west are there for oil. The whole region is farked from the way the Ottoman empire was broken up.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Before the western backed overthrowing of the strongmen such as Saddam, Gaddafi and such the whole Isis wanker brigade was to scared to show their heads, now with weak leadership in these countries the fuckwits have multiplied. Death to all supporters of Isis not just the killers but the radical clerics/hatemongers.If the old strongmen were still in power the west would not be facing this problem now, this a fact. I shall now prepare for my flaming for being honest
Ain't this the truth.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
^^^ heh

Crazy times and very very sad.

This shit will likely happen here in Australia.
Fortunately I think you are wrong. It's probably not a stretch to assume the greater the imported Muslim population, the greater the chance you have an extremist Islamist group. 1% crazies of 500k is more manageable than 1% of 5 m.

Still, abc still saying we don't know who is behind these attacks - as if claiming responsibility is necessary to indentify?

Plus our borders must make weapons and looneys going in an out is far more difficult

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
The motivations of the various nations involved are actually pretty obvious, the Russians are in Syria because it is the host of the only navel base they have on the Mediterranean. The Yanks and the rest of the west are there for oil. The whole region is farked from the way the Ottoman empire was broken up.
Serious ? It's all that simple is it?

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Fortunately I think you are wrong. It's probably not a stretch to assume the greater the imported Muslim population, the greater the chance you have an extremist Islamist group. 1% crazies of 500k is more manageable than 1% of 5 m.

Still, abc still saying we don't know who is behind these attacks - as if claiming responsibility is necessary to indentify?

Plus our borders must make weapons and looneys going in an out is far more difficult
Have to agree. We will have isolated incidents of radicals making various statements but this type of orchestrated activity, occurring simultaneously over multiple locations, is unlikely in Aus.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Serious ? It's all that simple is it?
Yes seriously, the causes are pretty simple to understand. Read papers with both left and right leanings along with a few books on the history of the region.
EODM are OK Darsh

Last edited:

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oh come on......

The doubtful motivation of Russia is surely equalled be the doubtful motivation of the Americans?

Too many inter alliances for the west to figure out what to do - is my enemy more important than my enemies enemy, or is being an ally with my enemy tha absolute worst?

Dictators are shit, but at least they keep the looneys in line

Horribly, this is shaping up for >200
Because 1000 years of the west fighting the middle east has been overwhelmingly successful.

It's a not a question of religious extremism. These attacks are happening all over the world, regardless of religion, race or nationality. This year, men disillusioned from society have randomly killed innocent people they didn't know in America, Thailand, China, Africa, the middle East, Australia, almost everywhere. Religion fuels the violence, but the violence would occur irrespective of religion.

We're not fighting religious extremism, we're fighting alienation of a growing portion of society.. I think these men (and it is a uniquely male problem) are trying to find a place they belong.

Anthony B

Likes Dirt
118 dead at the concert, reports of 40 more at the pub & soccer stadium, >140 reported injured

Sad when humanity hasn't evolved from killing each other, all that's happened is rocks & spears replaced by bullets & explosives

Last edited: