The Photo Snob Thread

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Has been a long time but I'm not quite kids and family stage yet! I'm still a student (again) (though hopefully not for much long).
It's like the fuckin' Toop show in here. You got a job yet?

I have nothing to add, it just felt appropriate to berate you on here for old times' sake.

kl3ggy

Likes Dirt
Definitely not up to the scratch of some of the above shots, but a couple of ones i liked from the recent camping weekend.

Double Island Point, QLD

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446635904.265668.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446635958.635619.jpg

Last edited:

Chalkie

Likes Dirt
Beautiful pics hakka.

Have been getting used to my new Sony A7II, the biggest adjustment being using manual focus with the Canon 50mm F1.4 (FDn)

1:1 Crop at F1.8, got to be happy with that for a $100 lens

]

Last edited:

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Jesus. Been a while since i've visited this place! From humble (or not so humble) beginnings back in about 2007, this thread combined with a couple other things is really what kicked off photography for me.

Got a bunch of you on Facebook so this seems a little redundant, but if anyone wants to check out my latest work, and what I actually shoot for work, visit these two links:

WWW.TRISTANCARDEW.COM

WWW.THEBOW.COM.AU

Photo for the sake of it, taken in August.

SuspendedInASunbeamWeb.jpg

hakka

Likes Dirt
Some night shots.

#2 is a 10 hour exposure of the stars moving across the sky as the earth rotates, the last 2 were done by adjusting the lens zoom during the exposure, #3 used a custom built motorized device to slowly turn the zoom over a 3 hour period. #4 was a fast zoom done by hand over 30 seconds.

maldon-stars-1-2.jpg

_D8F7813zoom2.jpg

tu plang

knob
The last one is my favourite. I've been wanting to try something like that for a while. You've really nailed it - something to aspire to now!

kl3ggy

Likes Dirt
Wow! They are amazing! What camera do you have?

Re #2 what method do you use to find the pole location?

Last edited:

hakka

Likes Dirt
Wow! They are amazing! What camera do you have?

Re #2 what method do you use to find the pole location?
I have Nikon D810 and D800E.

To find the pole i locate the southern cross, then extend an imaginary line from the top star, through the bottom star extending 4.5x the distance between those 2 stars.

kl3ggy

Likes Dirt
To find the pole i locate the southern cross, then extend an imaginary line from the top star, through the bottom star extending 4.5x the distance between those 2 stars.
Sweet as, been meaning research that after trawling Flickr for night shot inspiration!

How many Exposures did that take in 10hrs? You would have had to have been über happy with the results.