Intense Carbine29 '15 build complete, pics page 7!

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Last edited:

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Nope
Look like a better shape to me and don't like the feel of Techs, not going to buy something I don't like, simple :)
I'll probably get Shimano anyway sooo..
Why would you buy hopes full stop if the ones you tried you didn't like?

Difference between tech and race is adjustment and weight. Fuck all difference in feel.

iUDEX_nCr

Likes Dirt
Depending on how my budget goes I may go Saints but I am happy with Zee if the bank account says no
You may want to price up some levers/calipers/hoses... I found XTRM9000 levers (I don't like the servo wave levers) + saint calipers ended up being cheaper than getting complete Saints.
If you know anyone in Malaysia you will save even more... hoses are about 1/2 the price compared to CRC, and M820 calipers about $90 per end.

Wonder if the XT M8000 levers work with Saints?

ScooterXC

Likes Dirt
I looked into doing XTR race levers to Saint or Zee last year, full Graves spec. It was technically possible but couldn't find any in depth info on the parts required (small parts, banjos etc) so I didn't bother
Saint levers feel pretty good anyway

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Re: XTR, I had the Race brakes with 180mm Ice Tech rotors & finned pads and they still overheated on not overly long runs, lost power and things got scary.. Never had that issue with Zee, even in France doing Megavalanche
I've heard a few people having problems like this with XTR Race. XTR Trail was meant to be much better. I've got M9000 XTR Brakes on my couch and have been really impressed with them. I'm also a fat talentless numpty so they don't have an easy life. No fade issues whatsoever and a really nice modulation feel to them.

Or you could just get Saints and pull the earth off its axis with them. I like Saints.

Oh and swap the Lyrics for 36s and you've probably got my dream build. And in my size too. When are you not home?

ScooterXC

Likes Dirt
I've heard a few people having problems like this with XTR Race. XTR Trail was meant to be much better. I've got M9000 XTR Brakes on my couch and have been really impressed with them. I'm also a fat talentless numpty so they don't have an easy life. No fade issues whatsoever and a really nice modulation feel to them.

Or you could just get Saints and pull the earth off its axis with them. I like Saints.

Oh and swap the Lyrics for 36s and you've probably got my dream build. And in my size too. When are you not home?
Yeah I've heard they had better power too, but I read a number of reviews saying they had seal issues somewhere in the lines and leaked oil or something (pushing my memory a bit)
Never had a problem with the Saints on my DH, only that the cooled down soo quick they needed bedding in every run like, first corner was a bit iffy then they were incredible

I am waiting on pricing of 36 Talas & Lyrik Dual Pos, but my small research on the net had a difference of about $400-$500 with the Lyrik being cheaper.. I like Fox, but not that much haha

rtd

Likes Dirt
If you end up getting a side mount bottle cage, check out zelvy carbon bottle cages. Excellent bit of kit for not a lot of coin.

Following this build with interest, liked the Turner you built too. If it were me it'd be saints for brakes, not Hope, but hey, personal preference.

Rich

ScooterXC

Likes Dirt
If you end up getting a side mount bottle cage, check out zelvy carbon bottle cages. Excellent bit of kit for not a lot of coin.
I've seen a bunch of people praising Arundel for squeezing in tight frames
I may have to make up a little diagram with available space and send it to Zelvy or somebody to see if they can fit it in. I will test fit a Specialized side mount next week through a local shop but we will see, I've accepted that I'll be riding with a pack for anything longer than an hour