2015 Devinci Spartan Carbon

ducky1988

Likes Dirt
Massive thanks to Eighty one Spices.

At their request I sent my forks back last Monday for them to investigate the oil leak from the damper leg. it arrived back this morning after being checked on the test bench, where they confirmed the leak wasn't correct, and then rebuilt it with a new damper and wiper seals. Krischan kept me up to date with progress etc as well which was appreciated

They even express posted it back at no cost to me.

Was only without it for a week and 2 days

Can't fault the warranty back up and service from these guys. Would definitely recommend them even more now!
Krischan is a ledgend. Always keen to help people out even if they aren't customers.

Those Zelvy rims look sick but really don't like low pressures. My friend cracked his the same way 3 rides in

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
lol. They would indeed match very nicely! Makes you wonder if they were on a Spartan. Steerer length would be fine as well

I think ideally I would like a set of colour matched stickers for the Formulas.

I should really take the spitfire on Pikes out for a ride and see what I think as I still haven't ridden it. I don't think I would swap them out however, especially with the very good backup from the importers, and the performance seems excellent.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Formula are made in Italy...
The 35 fork isn't as idiot proof as a pike but it's plushness and adjustability is in a different league.
Economy of scale isn't the only reason it's twice the price of a pike.

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
Rode the Flight Centre Epic yesterday. 88.6km and 2001m of climbing according to my GPS.

Finished 50th overall out of 333 in a time of 5hrs 13mins 14seconds. Went through the 50k split at 2hrs 38mins 19seconds.

Pretty happy with that!

Bike went awesome, although I didn't see many other people riding 160+mm travel bikes :lol:

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
3 months to the day pretty much of the first rim breakage I have damaged another rim. Same boulder strewn section of steep 4wd track and this time I was running higher pressures, albeit only on a 2.35 Ikon on the rear.

Going to have to look at doing something for my thrash around wheels as this is getting expensive!

Rim has been ordered.

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
Still love this bike! Just clocked over 2000ks since building it (8 months).

Just picked up the rebuilt rear wheel and put that back on so its back up and running again.

Been rotating a couple of xx1 chains and the chains and cassette still look in very good condition. I will probably swap to a couple of new chains shortly but I can see the x01 cassette lasting 4-5k k's without much fuss

Few pics from last weekend. Spent a couple of hours at Parklands on the Sun Shine Coast, then did a longish ride around part of the Noosa Trail Network, and then a bit of general riding around!

Best way to finish a ride!!

The Spitty is also going well :)

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
Couple of pics from a quick ride at Daisy Hill yesterday afternoon (see Moorey, I am not a full time Roadie :whistle: )

teK--

Eats Squid
Sweet photos. One of the things I like about this frame is you can basically colour code other parts to any/all of 4 colours.

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
yeah, only downside really of any of the parts is the red formula logo on the right leg of the forks. probably should go over that with a black pen!

Hellyeah

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Couple of pics from a quick ride at Daisy Hill yesterday afternoon (see Moorey, I am not a full time Roadie :whistle: )

Us locals call that joint Underhood.....

Fuck mayn you rode right past me, and I didn't think anything of it............but your Mrs's
spitfire had me drooooling...........:eyebrows: