Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

aanon

Likes Dirt
That last is pretty tidy, I like it.
Their web page is informative too, heaps of info.
So. . . . . . . . . . Who's gettin' one?

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
Yeah the Last is cool, I was going to pre-order one on Kickstarter but they can only take a small chainring(without going funky with the chainline) and I need to run a 36t up front for it to be a useful bike.
Otherwise it is the perfect frame for me.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Yeah the Last is cool, I was going to pre-order one on Kickstarter but they can only take a small chainring(without going funky with the chainline) and I need to run a 36t up front for it to be a useful bike.
Otherwise it is the perfect frame for me.
i was just reading up on it... they also have the rear hub pushed more to the DS, to give better bracing angle on the spokes. means you cant just slap any old wheels on it, need to be dished to suit that frame. and it's 135 QR rear! which sucks, as i'd want to mix and match the roval fatties and carbon wheels off my Enduro on it.

make it 142x12 and standard rear end as far as hub position goes and i'd order one.

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
i was just reading up on it... they also have the rear hub pushed more to the DS, to give better bracing angle on the spokes. means you cant just slap any old wheels on it, need to be dished to suit that frame. and it's 135 QR rear! which sucks, as i'd want to mix and match the roval fatties and carbon wheels off my Enduro on it.

make it 142x12 and standard rear end as far as hub position goes and i'd order one.
Yeah it's a good idea, you'll be able to dish most wheels 5mm so it shouldn't be a massive issue, I also have pretty large hoofs so the 5mm offset was a bit of a worry as I clip my current POS.
I hate the 142mm standard, the flanges are a similar size and the bolt will pull just as much tension as a 12mm so why would you want a wider frame just to make installing a wheel easier? Asymmetric 135mm back end seems like a good idea to me but I am old and run shit 'til it breaks.

I have drawn up my revised next steed, goin' a proper 1.5" HT so it can run a Works 1Deg headset, 63deg for fun rides, 65deg for boring ones.
When I do my tax I'll get the build going.
View attachment 324529

Last edited:

BizL

Likes Dirt
I'm lusting over a hard tail for a while. I've pretty much got everything except a frame n forks sitting in the shed. Just gotta do it as cheep as possible.

loc81

Likes Dirt
I'm lusting over a hard tail for a while. I've pretty much got everything except a frame n forks sitting in the shed. Just gotta do it as cheep as possible.
It's cheaper than you think, especially if your parts are 26 inch. Hunt down a second hand fork on here to help trim costs- I picked up an old 150mm talas originally for $400 I think just to get me rolling.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
It's cheaper than you think, especially if your parts are 26 inch. Hunt down a second hand fork on here to help trim costs- I picked up an old 150mm talas originally for $400 I think just to get me rolling.
True dat. I know of a 150mm revelation with a 20mm axle that may be going for a song. Buy the time the frame lands, you'd probably be able to source everything you need, at stupid good prices, off here.

treble

Likes Dirt
Checking out all the nice rides in this thread has got me thinking about building a trail hardtail. I'm looking at the new Ragley Blue pig that ill run with 26" wheels for now, with plans to change to 27.5" in the future. I've Been riding a Carbon XC hardtail as my XC/Trail bike for a while and looking for something a little more fun. Am I on the right track? It steel the way to go? or should i stick with aluminium?

Juz1970

Likes Bikes
Awesome build mate, looks stupidly fun.

the girly has banned me from summit, something about mounting money issues and my inability to grasp the concept of bikes not being a neccessity.

Pretty jealous
Ha! I feel your pain mate. I tried to space the build out so the funds disappearing weren't that noticeable - although i am sure my wife knew and i will have to balance it out somehow! ;)

Haylex

Likes Dirt
Been running this about 6 months now - totally sold on the AM ht concept

This morning was particularly meh weather but was made fun by bombing back down the singletrack on the way to work in the city.