AM Focus SAM Factory

Mrlinderman

Likes Dirt
Hey i know when to say NO :D

Well at least i try to with the Mrs but that never works.....

I've only ridden Youies twice now on stockyard side so be nice please

Then I bags 'going home' :woot:
I'm with moorey on this one :Banane35:

Last edited:

Mrlinderman

Likes Dirt
Well I lived up to my engraving lol. I went hard then went home. Did cressy 3 times. On the 3rd I did both rock gardens without stopping (proud) but was too slow on the bottom jump ended up nosing over and landing on my right shoulder. Back is all grazed up. Shoulder is ok not damaged but in some pain. Looks like ice and rest for 48hours

jett_e

Likes Bikes
Well I lived up to my engraving lol. I went hard then went home. Did cressy 3 times. On the 3rd I did both rock gardens without stopping (proud) but was too slow on the bottom jump ended up nosing over and landing on my right shoulder. Back is all grazed up. Shoulder is ok not damaged but in some pain. Looks like ice and rest for 48hours
Injuries aside! How did the bike pull up?

Mrlinderman

Likes Dirt
Bike was awesome. Handled my big frame and those rocky parts like butter. The drops felt really smooth. I gotta keep my finger of that brake though and trust more in the bike.

jett_e

Likes Bikes
Good to hear! I recently bought the same bike and am amazed at how confidence inspiring it is. I haven't pushed it too hard yet but it's certainly handling whatever I put it through. Coming from a Banshee Scythe to this had me a bit concerned but it is has so far held up to the task and I can even pedal up hills now!

Mrlinderman

Likes Dirt
Good to hear! I recently bought the same bike and am amazed at how confidence inspiring it is. I haven't pushed it too hard yet but it's certainly handling whatever I put it through. Coming from a Banshee Scythe to this had me a bit concerned but it is has so far held up to the task and I can even pedal up hills now!
Yer with lockouts she is pretty decent uphill ey.. obviously not as fast as a HT 29er but enough to enjoy a day without shuttles, hopefully my shoulder is just badly bruised and not dmg'd, will know tmrw after i see the doc / xray

jett_e

Likes Bikes
All the best for a quick recovery mate. You must be itching to get back out there....i know i am!

moorey

call me Mia
On the upside, you got to meet me. Bugger to hear. If bike was smaller, I'd give you a grand for it. :spy:

Mrlinderman

Likes Dirt
First ride after OTB

Well, the first ride back after the nasty OTB on cressy was great, shoulder did well, just did some lazy fun on the easy side of youies, took a mate who is just starting out in MTB so worked out well.

I must say i was very surprised how well the SAM peddled and worked on the flatter XC style tracks, with the rear suspension in the hardest mode it felt great.

Attachments

Mrlinderman

Likes Dirt
Good to see you back on the bike as oppose to your bike being up for sale.
a single OTB and a busted shoulder is not gonna put me off :) will still need a few weeks maybe 1 month on the easy tracks getting some strength back in the arm but I'll be back to do that double, its gonna be my goal to do it by this time next year.

Ideate

a single OTB and a busted shoulder is not gonna put me off :) will still need a few weeks maybe 1 month on the easy tracks getting some strength back in the arm but I'll be back to do that double, its gonna be my goal to do it by this time next year.
Sweet! I'm planning a Thredbo trip over Easter if you're interested. Taking the missus though so not exactly a "boys" trip.. but between 10am-4pm I'll be shredding with no regard for life (or her).. You'd love the flow trail!

Mrlinderman

Likes Dirt
Sweet! I'm planning a Thredbo trip over Easter if you're interested. Taking the missus though so not exactly a "boys" trip.. but between 10am-4pm I'll be shredding with no regard for life (or her).. You'd love the flow trail!
pm me some details bro, we have allot going on with planning wedding etc but if we can i'd be keen to do a long weekend up there.