liteville 301 shock tune

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
I all i am after the correct liteville 301 mk11 rockshox monarch plus rc3 debonair tune .?
have been unable to find it so far
cheers

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I went with a MM tune on my Mk9 with a Monarch Plus. Much nicer than the DT Swiss shock that was on it.

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
shock

Oh cool cheers for that currently running fox ctd with axtra volume not 100 % happy with it.plan to get monarch plus debonair.
Would yours be debonair to ?
How does it ride compared to old shock .

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No, not the Debonair. It's much smoother than the original shock. Good mid stroke support and no harsh bottoming. I have tried flicking the compression lever but it's not worth the effort. The bike rides nicely in the fully open setting.

My Mk9 is set up with 140mm of travel, not 160mm.

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
re

I have tried eightyonespices and he could only provide monarch debonair. ,and hasn't told me tune yet.
Emailed liteville in home office not sure if they didn't understand but reply was we can provide shock tuned ready to go in rockshox monarch debonair. Only .
But did not tell me tune base for rockshox monarch plus rc3. .

Corset evol fox shock is good but not great .
If i run lower air its action throughout is really great but it then creates a low BB . And becomes too spongy when sprinting or climbing.
Pump it up it rides better all round but you loose that super smooth ride that was there before ,

So plan to get monarch debonair plus to suit my 170mm lyrik which are awsome . When you have those oh shoot moments a nanosecond after, you go its ok i can plough those forks through and it will be all good .

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
Hmm. Can you look up the tune on your fox, and then get whoever supplies your RS shock to match it? Put the 4 letter code where it says '4 digit code' here:
http://www.ridefox.com/help.php?m=bike
So my shock says CMY7, I get back from fox:

2014, FLOAT-K F-S, CTD-Adj BV LV, Liteville, 301, 7.875, 2.250, 0.6 Spacer, VTM, RTM, 175, 16

Up till spacer it makes sense. I *think*:

VTM = velocity (or compression) tune medium
RTM = rebound tune medium
175 = boost valve pressure?
16 = ??

I guess you could call up a suspension tuner with these numbers and get something similar in the RS?
Been tempted to try out an XF vector air, since a while ago I realised my CTD shock really doesn't need C, or T after fork upgrade and adding a bigger spacer. Not tempted enough yet...

rone

Eats Squid
I went with a MM tune on my Mk9 with a Monarch Plus. Much nicer than the DT Swiss shock that was on it.
A lump of wood would be nicer than the DT Swiss.

CCDB Air would be my preference, then tune to your hearts content.