2016 Stumpjumper Carbon

JONO WADE

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Decided to go for a bike with a little more travel than my last bike (Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt). Pretty happy with the bike so far, rides nicely, managed to get the suspension sorted out very quickly. Just got to change bars and stem and it'll be almost perfect. Eventually i'll look at 36's and hopefully sort out an evol air can for the shock, and swap to xtr shifter/derailleur.
In the time being i'll think about what sort of food i can stash in my SWAT box.

*Updated photos page 4*

Frame - 2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert 650b
Rear shock - Rockshox Monarch Debonair
Front shock/fork - Rockshox Pike RC 160mm (3 tokens)
Handlebars - Enve RSR 760mm
Stem - Easton Haven
Headset - Specialized
Grips - Specialized
Saddle - Specialized
Seatpost - Specialized Command Post
Front brake - Shimano XT
Rear brake - Shimano XT
Cranks - Sram S2200 Carbon
Chainguide - Specialized top guide
Chain - Sram XX1 Hollow Pin
Pedals - Shimano XT
Rear derailleur - Sram X1
Rear shifter - Sram X1
Cassette - Sram XG-1180
Front hub - Hope Pro 2
Rear hub - Hope Pro 4
Front rim - 32h Carbon Assymetrical
Rear rim - 32h Carbon Assymetrical
Spokes - DT Revolution
Nipples - DT Swiss Brass
Tyres - Minion DHR II Front, Minion SS Rear (both tubeless)

Total weight - 12kg-ish

Attachments

Last edited:

redline316

Likes Dirt
Decided to go for a bike with a little more travel than my last bike (Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt). Pretty happy with the bike so far, rides nicely, managed to get the suspension sorted out very quickly. Just got to change bars and stem and it'll be almost perfect. Eventually i'll look at 36's and hopefully sort out an evol air can for the shock, and swap to xtr shifter/derailleur.
In the time being i'll think about what sort of food i can stash in my SWAT box.

Frame - 2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert 650b
Rear shock - Fox Float
Front shock/fork - Rockshox Pike RC 150mm (2 tokens)
Handlebars - Specialized (will be enve rsr after this weekend)
Stem - Specialized
Headset - Specialized
Grips - Specialized
Saddle - Specialized
Seatpost - Specialized Command Post
Front brake - Shimano XT
Rear brake - Shimano XT
Cranks - Sram S2200 Carbon
Chainguide - Specialized top guide
Chain - Sram X1
Pedals - Shimano XT
Rear derailleur - Sram X1
Rear shifter - Sram X1
Cassette - Sram XG-1180
Front hub - Specialized Roval 15mm
Rear hub - Specialized Roval 12x142
Front rim - Roval
Rear rim - Roval
Spokes - DT Revolution
Nipples - DT Swiss
Tyres - Specialized Butcher Front, Purgatory Control Rear (both tubeless)

Total weight - 12kg-ish
Second pic awesome. Oh nice bike too.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Looks good. How do you find the tyres. Spesh seems to get good reviews for their tyres but now too many people run them.

Where did the Thunderbolt fall down for you? Just not enough travel?

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You'll never be happy until your back on a Knolly Jonno

Oh, awesome looking stumpy too, would love to take one for a demo in the future

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Even the 29er is a fun playful bike, this thing looks so fun to ride and flick around.

Once you've lived with the SWAT door it's hard to imagine a bike without one hey?

JONO WADE

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks good. How do you find the tyres. Spesh seems to get good reviews for their tyres but now too many people run them.

Where did the Thunderbolt fall down for you? Just not enough travel?
Tyres seem pretty good so far, it's been so long since i've ridden minions or other 2.3's that it's hard to make a good comparison. Probably change to minion SS on the rear for something a little faster rolling.

Umm yeah pretty much just wanting more travel, want to get back into some enduro racing later this year so that stumpy seemed like a smart move for that.

You'll never be happy until your back on a Knolly Jonno

Oh, awesome looking stumpy too, would love to take one for a demo in the future
As much as i loved the way the knolly rode, snapped linkages and ovalised headtubes aren't my favourite, hopefully the stumpy proves more durable.

Even the 29er is a fun playful bike, this thing looks so fun to ride and flick around.

Once you've lived with the SWAT door it's hard to imagine a bike without one hey?
Haha yeah the swat door is great, just keeping a tube, pump and levers in there, still got room for other stuff though.

Last edited:

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You should change your title and add " With Sick Frreakin Moves " Killer ride by the way . How are you finding these new 150 travel bikes ? .

JONO WADE

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You should change your title and add " With Sick Frreakin Moves " Killer ride by the way . How are you finding these new 150 travel bikes ? .
Haha, glad you like my 'sick freakin moves'. It's 140mm rear, 150mm front. Loving it so far though, reasonably forgiving on big hits which is nice.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Fun little video.

I love sticking old pop music onto ride videos, it just works so well haha.

Where were you guys riding? Looks like my kinda dirt.

JONO WADE

Likes Bikes and Dirt
any plans to swap out the rear shock ??
Yep, now that bars and stem are done, that'll be the next upgrade.
Was trying to de-sram the bike but it's pretty hard to justify the cost of a linkage kit and a float x, when a monarch debonair is half the price.

Any reason why you are running the older XT brakes and not the 2016?
Specialized released their 2016 bikes before the 2016 XT brakes were available. My last bike had the 2016 xt's, really not much difference at all, the perforated levers are nice on the new ones though.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Specialized released their 2016 bikes before the 2016 XT brakes were available. My last bike had the 2016 xt's, really not much difference at all, the perforated levers are nice on the new ones though.
Ahhh OK. I currently have the 2016 XT's and they have this weird inconsistent lever feel and was just wondering if you cracked the shits and went back to the old model (which were flawless).