Crash Pics Thread

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Heal fast!
+1 to that, I hope you are slowly getting back to together.

After my face surfing incident I got spooked and ran out and bought full face 'just in case' - well, I was pretty keen to use it anywhere and everywhere - never again and all of that. I still haven't really used it but now I'm inspired / spooked again. :twitch:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Don't know what happened, but bike abruptly stopped on landing a small drop-off on to a gravel road, used face as brake instead of brakes. 4 smashed teeth, operation for broken hand & mangled face. Learning how to chew with my tongue. No brain injury=great outcome.
This is pretty big! Good luck with the recovery. I see a lot of speculation as to the accident in the chit and chat, i would propose that the root issue here is your 1 1/8 head tube.

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Shit hairy1!!

Pretty messed up, and talk about giving me flashbacks. Back at the start of 1999 i had a pretty massive accident at Olinda dh practicing one evening. Last run for the night i had a brain fade approaching the road drop / crossing and hit it at full noise instead of walking pace. I basically dove head first into the road at 50k's. Wheel exploded, forks snapped off and of course my head went face first into the road. Helmet certainly saved my life but i still messed up my face bigtime. Picture seeing what was left of my teeth through a gaping hole in my chin etc... Nose was farked too, hands, arms, ribs. Great year to be 18! My teeth today still need ongoing work.

Was very strange riding passed the spot 2 weeks ago for the first time since '99, and you can still see plain as day where the council dozed in the 'crossing' the next week after my stack.

Get well soon!

Travis.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Shit that looks nasty! Hope you heal up well, especially the hand. I smashed my left one two years ago and after k-wires and a second surgery for tendon release, it still doesn't work right.

THE full face helmets are light and fairly well vented, I use them for racing bmx and trail riding where my low skill set means I fall off a lot.

Don't know what happened, but bike abruptly stopped on landing a small drop-off on to a gravel road, used face as brake instead of brakes. 4 smashed teeth, operation for broken hand & mangled face. Learning how to chew with my tongue. No brain injury=great outcome.

Last edited:

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Not even a crash, just riding the DJ bike at skate park, manual the box, front end comes down and this happens.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Not me for once!

Wife rode the dirt de femme today and second lap which finished off on the bottom of the DH/ 4x track managed to axe herself after getting off line passing people.

Damage: 1 broken clavicle, 1 broken scapula;
6x broken ribs, 4 minutes unconscious, 1 ambulance ride

13094356_10206265545377556_6229851033492582268_n.jpg

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Wife rode the dirt de femme today and second lap which finished off on the bottom of the DH/ 4x track managed to axe herself after getting off line passing people.

View attachment 327845
That's terrible, all that damage, and no reason to wire her jaw shut...

But seriously, ouch, hope shes okay, and heals up quick and 100%

slowmick

38-39"

View attachment 327845
holy crap, must have been serious passing maneuver. hope she heals up quickly and completely. Might i suggest you don't tell her you posted her picture on here - you might sustain similar injuries... :becky:

Buntley

Likes Dirt
That's terrible, all that damage, and no reason to wire her jaw shut...

But seriously, ouch, hope shes okay, and heals up quick and 100%
Gold��, needed a laugh.

Laid up battered and bruised after going over the hangers....again.

Starting to doubt the dainese trail skins which came off after initial tumble leaving me with a decent gash.
IMG_1126 (2).jpg

Last edited: