Can't believe I nearly got that (ie fluke), actual results were
& 26 in 4th

Good luck Michelin and Honda, bring on Mugello in 2 weeks

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Can't believe I nearly got that (ie fluke), actual results were
& 26 in 4th

Good luck Michelin and Honda, bring on Mugello in 2 weeks
I don't believe you "nearly got that" ;-P Closer than my guess, hmmm. Good one picking Vinales. I didnt see qualifying results.
At least the Championship is exciting again, thanks Marquez. Lorenzo looks on the money again though. DROID.

Last edited:

discofrank

Likes Dirt
any one else think the tyres are to blame for the large number of falls this year?

Yes i know some where not the tyres fault

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ha, ill give up while im ahead.

I'd say maybe/probably because it's obv a learning year for them all, with new tyres and electronics. Post race feedback on tyres varied between politically correct and not so much even for crashees. Hondas are struggling with their aggressive donks and limited electronics, i wonder if this may continue for a while. Cal had the usual excuses, no idea how he gets a ride, I don't see any return for his team and sponsors.

tick

Likes Bikes
any one else think the tyres are to blame for the large number of falls this year?

Yes i know some where not the tyres fault
Michelins have always been known for great grip but less warning than Bridgestone ,dunlop etc for when there gonna let go

tick

Likes Bikes
Yep thru out the ages
Also the michelin front is slightly smaller in diameter to the old Bridgestones

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Michelins have always been known for great grip but less warning than Bridgestone ,dunlop etc for when there gonna let go
Not how I remember it... but I'm old and forget stuff.

Michelins as I recall had great grip and were very progressive... I could slide my soft Mitchy slicks all day long. Whereas Dunlops were (apparently) more greasy and susceptible to letting go... but that's hearsay from the pits... which is why I never ran them... except on my road bikes, which doesn't count as the road ain't the track, by any stretch.

Bridgestones hadn't really made their mark back then, except in production race (treaded) tyres... they were great and the precursor to the awesome BattleAx tyres.

But hey, I'm old and forget stuff.

Beaker74

Likes Dirt
This is how I always remember it too, from way back in the Lawson, Gardner, Schwantz et al days.
Michelins always provided the most grip, but let go with little to no warning, whereas the Dunlops were always far more progressive.