Seriously, GET OFF THE F*CKING TRAILS, you idiots.......

stirk

Burner
After way too many times doing my families grocery shopping down the local Woolies, I can confirm that it's a trait that waaaay too many people lack. I think I'd go so far to say that it should be considered a gift, given how many people completely lack it.

This afternoon on the way home from work I dropped in to grab some supplies and there was a guy who'd half blocked an isle to stop and have a talk on his phone. The idea of pulling his trolley off to the side and out of the way obviously never entered his mind, even as people had to stop to work their way around him.

Seems to me that spacial awareness is becoming less common every day.
Lots of evidence to back this up.

[video=youtube_share;fTOZjXjaCaE]https://youtu.be/fTOZjXjaCaE[/video]

Obviously some people like this ride mountain bikes too.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Cheers to the two blokes at the Youies this arvo who thought it would be a good idea to stop for a chat where one of the trails crosses the road. Not the end of the world having to go around them, but seriously, have a bit of a think.

The ratio of 'zero fck' to appreciative nod from the general public for 'courtesy' is in direct correlation to the antiquity of your generation, and your immediate geography.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers to the two blokes at the Youies this arvo who thought it would be a good idea to stop for a chat where one of the trails crosses the road. Not the end of the world having to go around them, but seriously, have a bit of a think.
I reckon I met the same dick lords. The exasperation shown by having to move off the middle of the fucking road was lovely.

BorisBC

Likes Bikes
Cause this thread started at Bruce Ridge I thought I'd pass on some good news. Two blokes stopped mid ride to get my broken ass up off the trail and drove me and my bike to the hospital.

These guys, Carl and George were fucking fantastic. So just a reminder we have a great community people. :)

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Cause this thread started at Bruce Ridge I thought I'd pass on some good news. Two blokes stopped mid ride to get my broken ass up off the trail and drove me and my bike to the hospital.

These guys, Carl and George were fucking fantastic. So just a reminder we have a great community people. :)
Too funny mate. When I came across you and Carl on the track I was thinking about this thread! Sometimes there are some very legitimate reasons for blocking the track and broken bones has to be right up there.

I took it pretty easy on the ride home after driving you to the hospital. My wife did not think the "Hi honey, I'm in the emergency department..." was a funny way to start a conversation about why I was late getting home. Your wife also impressed upon me the importance of not doing anything that would mean joining you back at ED.

Hope you're nicely on the mend.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I saw something that made me shake my head this weekend.
Riding at Lysterfield and for some reason decided not to do Snipe to the Dam Wall.

Rode the fire trail instead, turned down the hill and as I was riding back to the car park saw a couple with their child walking enjoying the view.
The imbeciles left behind them their pushchair, perfectly stationed at the entrance to the trail. It would have been hidden from view by the trees to anyone riding there.

They were about 50 meters away and couldn't care less. "Seems like a nice place to leave the pushchair babe?"