The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I read I'm the newspaper today that Bill Shorten has thrown in the towel...what an underwhelming outcome to a flaccid erection process!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
The minister charged with promoting resources development is now also the minister who signs off their EPBC approvals.

The same minister who believes its our moral imperative to sell coal to India.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Came across this a few days ago. I found it amusing. I feel they could have achieved a stronger likeness to Malcolm T.

DSC_1154~3.jpg

nakedape

Likes Dirt
The minister charged with promoting resources development is now also the minister who signs off their EPBC approvals.

The guy is a cockwomble and our environment is farked. who would've thought they could find a worse candidate than (c)Hunt.

Sent from two tin cans joined by string

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say

On the upside, the federal Environment department is emptier than a Master's store in Longreach...and what staff help you can get is overworked and mostly ill informed. Can't fuck up something that's already fucked...

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
A mate sent this summary of simple research he carried out yesterday, after looking into arsehole Frydenberg:

Looked up Turnbull? Seems he’s always been very close to many dodgy dealings:

Turnbull purchased a stake of internet service provider Ozemail in 1994 for $500,000 and sold his stake to Worldcom just months before the dot com bubble burst in 1999 for $57 million. In 1999 Worldcom began the second largest accounting fraud in US history.

In the 1990s, Turnbull was chairman of Axiom Forest Resources, which conducted logging in the Solomon Islands under the trading name Silvania Forest Products. The latter's work was described by the Australian International Development Assistance Bureau as a "clear-felling operation", and the then Solomon Islands Prime Minister Solomon Mamaloni reportedly threatened to close it down for "constant breaches of logging practices”.

HIH insurance purchased FAI. Turnbull worked as FAI’s financial adviser. HIH then collapsed in 2001 becoming the largest corporate failure in Australia's history. HIH liquidators estimated that the company owed $5.3 billion to creditors. Director was found guilty of stock market manipulation, fraud, acting dishonestly. Turnbull was accused of inflating FAI’s worth to HIH using illusionary profits. All was settled confidentially.

Turnbull is a business man. If I were to pick anyone to lead us it would be him. Straya - the smart country.
I knew about some of this, but not all of this...

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
A mate sent this summary of simple research he carried out yesterday, after looking into arsehole Frydenberg:

Sounds like Trump. Running businesses into the ground for personal profit seems to be considered good business sense.

If only a country were a business...

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member

There's some big assumptions being drawn there, especially in the first example. It may be that he's a dodgey prick, but it also maybe that he's not, that info above doesn't say either way. Warrants further questions but not much more.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Read this story, just read this story:

http://gu.com/p/4p224?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Freydenberg is in on this shit, fuckwit he is...
Only the tip of the ice burg, the leaching process in mining leaves some bad puddles behind, when it rains heavy they overflow into water ways and creeks. As for the coal industry, I can't believe that companies were allowed to conduct their own medicals when people had signs of suffering from black lung and how the hell can you have a uranium mine in the middle of a world heritage listed park ?

Last edited:

John U

MTB Precision

Not that I think it's ok but this is not new problem. Miners have been getting away with not rehabilitating mine sites since mining began in Australia. From a political pov this has not been an issue for any side of politics (except possibly the Greens). So you could probably pin responsibility on almost everyone.

I'm hoping your link sent me to the correct article.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Not that I think it's ok but this is not new problem. Miners have been getting away with not rehabilitating mine sites since mining began in Australia. From a political pov this has not been an issue for any side of politics (except possibly the Greens). So you could probably pin responsibility on almost everyone.

I'm hoping your link sent me to the correct article.
Why do you think that is, possibly because the government issues large fines and the miners just go about their business of digging large holes again.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Yes, it's reasonably well known. Estimates I saw were greater than the 10x quoted, and that was a few years ago. If you feel like a bit of chuck in your mouth google earth Collinsville Qld, or the hunter area in NSW. Back in the day 100m used to get you something, now it's a nice house in Sydney, but alas it won't rehab a mine site. Those voids will never be filled so don't bother stressing about it, it simply will not happen, they'll be repurposed. Down in the Hunter, there will probably be a great big visual bund so punters veering from one vineyard to the next won't notice it and ruin their day.

Much of the issues with rehab have been covered by Michael West http://www.michaelwest.com.au/half-a-dozen-ways-out-of-rehab-for-coal-companies/ FWIW #2 & #5 were (&prob still are) the most popular. Of the mines that I saw that were supposed to close, not a single one did and AFAIK none have yet, and they were supposed to close a LONG time ago. What do you know, the production curve just kept pushing out year after year, then what do you know, we need to put the mine on care and maintenance because there are reserves, but they just aren't economic to exploit right now so the mine will just take a little nap. Despite carrying provisions for the rehab work on the books, nobody wants to close these mines and commence formal rehabilitation of them.

You also might/might not be surprised how often the rehab work which has annual targets was dug up & destroyed (regardless of it's maturity) to chase more coal that had suddenly become economic to pursue again. So year on year, rehab #'s looked good/on track for that year, but net rehab for a site, let alone an expanding site could be total horsesh1t. Houses and holes gentlemen, that's all we're good for.