Away

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
So, I've been away for a few years...

What have I missed?

Everyone still arguing about wheel size?
Is spanky-ham kickin' about?
Has Moorey come out yet?

Get me up to speed.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Whoa, word on the street is you were kidnapped in Nowra!
-E Bikes are becoming a thing and totally suck.
-New members still call the trading system application a joke and take their loaded nappy to sell their gear on Facebook on pages full of spamming Indonesian's.
-Johnny has quit his role as stand over guy and taken an interest in road cycling; enough so that he sold his bikes and followed the Tour of France around in an old VW Beetle.
-Moorey got caught for having two accounts. Remember financialwar? Yeah? Same guy!
-Danny Hart won a world cup! His interview after the race was actually legible too!
-The world still see's a need for John Citizen to be able to buy a gun and make some sort of point that no one in the realistic and free world gets.
-The Specialized stem you sold me all those years ago is on my current bike and has been on three before that.
-Formula One has sucked hard since 2014 with no sign of improving.
-Some of the new highway just before the southern end of Coffs Harbour has opened and made it safer for road users. It's also made it quicker for me to get to some good single track.

Soooooooo, where have you been? Welcome back!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Whoa, word on the street is you were kidnapped in Nowra!
-E Bikes are becoming a thing and totally suck.
-New members still call the trading system application a joke and take their loaded nappy to sell their gear on Facebook on pages full of spamming Indonesian's.
-Johnny has quit his role as stand over guy and taken an interest in road cycling; enough so that he sold his bikes and followed the Tour of France around in an old VW Beetle.
-Moorey got caught for having two accounts. Remember financialwar? Yeah? Same guy!
-Danny Hart won a world cup! His interview after the race was actually legible too!
-The world still see's a need for John Citizen to be able to buy a gun and make some sort of point that no one in the realistic and free world gets.
-The Specialized stem you sold me all those years ago is on my current bike and has been on three before that.
-Formula One has sucked hard since 2014 with no sign of improving.
-Some of the new highway just before the southern end of Coffs Harbour has opened and made it safer for road users. It's also made it quicker for me to get to some good single track.

Soooooooo, where have you been? Welcome back!
I heard Johnny grew a beard?

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
eBikes (shudders), well down here in Tassie its all about the Kmart bike with petrol power upgrade. It's 'so right now'.
You know the whole 'hi-vis/low pay, rollie smokin', lost-me-license' type operator?

Well, I:

Moved to Tas
Made baby
Sold mountain bikes
Died a little inside
Got road bike
Still dead inside
Sold road bike
Bought another mountain bike
Things are looking up

Oh, and set up a workshop and now I build electric guitars.

Are there ebike enthusiasts?
Does rotorburn have an ebike section where people can compare milliamps and which stem goes the highest?
I am kind of fascinated in a look/don't look kind of way haha.

Glad to know that stem is 'keeping your bar up'. Yep, two comments in and it's already going down hill haha

Last edited:

scblack

Leucocholic
eBikes (shudders), well down here in Tassie its all about the Kmart bike with petrol power upgrade, right now.
You know the whole 'hi-vis/low pay, rollie smokin', lost-me-license' type operator?
Is that where all the shitty petrol powered MTBs from round my work went? The cycleways and byways around Rooty Hill/Plumpton were packed with them a couple of years ago. Haven't seen one for a long time.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Is that where all the shitty petrol powered MTBs from round my work went? The cycleways and byways around Rooty Hill/Plumpton were packed with them a couple of years ago. Haven't seen one for a long time.
Out in the northern suburbs where I live they are everywhere. Like giant mosquitoes.

I saw a kid with a milk crate on the back with a toddler in it whizz past my house recently.
The rider was standing on one pedal cause was too short to get his skinny ass up on that seat.
Musta been dads bike.
Tell ya what though, they were tearing along. little one in the back squealing with delight.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
I'm fab-u-lous thanks. Welcome back Chigs. :hug:
29" still sucks.
Haha

I bought a 29er, rode it twice, realised I'd have more fun straddling a loaf of bread and its been in the shed since.
Its a fully rigid single speed.

I call it 'The handbrake on happiness'.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Still came out on top with Ana mate. Kissed us both in one night and went for the better man.

I'm calling it a win.
Boom!!!!!

tooshort.jpg

Ah, I forgot about this little shitbiscuit. Dozer, get your house in order. How can we still be subjected to such impositions?

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Moorey, what happened when you hit the 20,000 post mark?
Did the ceiling open up and a massive bag of dicks fall down?

I hope so.

2016-07-26_16h12_14.jpg

moorey

call me Mia
Haha

I bought a 29er, rode it twice, realised I'd have more fun straddling a loaf of bread and its been in the shed since.
Its a fully rigid single speed.

I call it 'The handbrake on happiness'.
And don't buy into the nonsense of 'all the benefit of 26", none of the drawbacks of 29" bullshit in the 'other' wheel size. :hand: