Away

moorey

call me Mia
No! I haven't but one of the doctors at my work did it several weeks ago and said it was unreal. Its right up the other end of Tassie which makes it hard to get to, but it is on my to do list.
:crazy:
U Mad Bro?
We are all travelling from right round Aus to ride it, and you're complaining that its the other side of Fantasy Island? If i miss a spot on the 2017 TransNZ, my mate and I are are going to sook in Derby for a week instead. End of Feb/early march....see you there.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
I like the idea of such a place...I'm a winter person. But maybe I'm not as tough as o think.
You'd love it mate.
It gets cold in winter, but the rest of the year it nice and comfortable.
And even in winter its only the odd blast for a few days here and there it really bottoms out. Most winter days are just crisp and sunny but cool.
Should come down and look about at least. Work is mostly public sector stuff, but depends what you do as a speciality I guess.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
U Mad Bro?
We are all travelling from right round Aus to ride it, and you're complaining that its the other side of Fantasy Island? If i miss a spot on the 2017 TransNZ, my mate and I are are going to sook in Derby for a week instead. End of Feb/early march....see you there.
Ok. This is how it works.

I announce I am going to blue derby for a weekend of trails.
I don't drive, so the wife would offer to drive.
I say "No. honestly, I'll charter a bus and stow it underneath I got this"
She says "Oh, but we can take the kids too, and go garage sale hunting! I'll get on the net and see what family activities are up that way. I'm driving you up to your derby thing"
So we take the kids, we go garage sale hunting, we take the kids to mini golf and some overpriced indoor play centre with trampolines and hotdogs, then I spend the last two hours I had free for riding watching my kids ride around in the blue derby car park because they don't have the skills to ride anything more than flat tarmac.
We get in the car and go home, the Mrs says "That was so much fun, next time you want to go mountain biking with the family we should definitely come back to blue derby".
I stare off out the window into the middle distance as we drive home ... But the kids are happy, and the Mrs shoots me a big smile, and I can't be angry.

bhibbert

Likes Bikes
U Mad Bro?

Not mad at all.

Hobart has more then enough to keep you busy for days on end. Most local trails are all on trailforks now and pretty easy to navigate for a visitor.

Why travel 3.5 hrs for media hyped trails, when I can go 100m from my house and be straight into excellent single track that is just as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tubeless

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Blue burpy is a little out in the sticks.
No buses, only milk tankers.
No garage sales, only dairy farm auctions. No mini golf, hotdo... wait, whats wrong with mini golf, hot dogs and tramps!?

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Not mad at all.

Hobart has more then enough to keep you busy for days on end. Most local trails are all on trailforks now and pretty easy to navigate for a visitor.

Why travel 3.5 hrs for media hyped trails, when I can go 100m from my house and be straight into excellent single track that is just as good.
Because 3.5 hours distance is about right to get away from the minister for war and finance and offspring. And none of the tracks around Hobart have anywhere as good as the Welborough for a lunch stop/ post ride beers and sustenance.

Ok. This is how it works.
Recruit a driving sidekick in a similar domestic situation to yourself. We never did manage to get that crazy night time roadie snow ride happening.

moorey

call me Mia
Because 3.5 hours distance is about right to get away from the minister for war and finance and offspring. And none of the tracks around Hobart have anywhere as good as the Welborough for a lunch stop/ post ride beers and sustenance.

Recruit a driving sidekick in a similar domestic situation to yourself. We never did manage to get that crazy night time roadie snow ride happening.
This guy ^^^