The stupid questions thread.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Does POSM have trouble buying things? You know he is an oil rig and all. I bet no one ever replies to his offers he makes.
Nah, western union makes transactions a breeze, plus his aunty is local..... to wherever you may be.

#peterduttonisachunt

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Why are bottles/bottle cages coming back in a big way? What's wrong with the good old hydro pack? I thought the idea was to get as much weight off the bike as possible?

Minlak

custom titis
Why are bottles/bottle cages coming back in a big way? What's wrong with the good old hydro pack? I thought the idea was to get as much weight off the bike as possible?
My choice is based on length of ride not weight. If its around an hour I just use a waterbottle on the bike if longer I use the camelback as well and carry hydrolytes in the water bottle.

My personal theory is weight is weight :)

fridgie

Likes Dirt
My choice is based on length of ride not weight. If its around an hour I just use a waterbottle on the bike if longer I use the camelback as well and carry hydrolytes in the water bottle.

Same here, 2hr+ rides in qld summer and the hydropack just doesn't cut it.

Water in the hydropack, electrolyte drink in the bottle and all is good.

On the roadie it's 1 bottle of water and 1 bottle of electrolyte drink.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

Yep. Though sometimes 'electrolytes' is a euphemism. Say... Fatbiking on the beach at holiday time...

Tubeless

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Would it be a stupid question to ask why isn't the bike frame used as a bladder.
I'm sure there would be a litre or two tucked away in the tubes!