SRAM drivetrain?

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
Seems like SRAM drivetrains are missing from Chain Reaction?
Has there been a clamp down?

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
and rockshox as well - the standard response from chain reaction has been..."We have a great relationship with RockShox/sram who provide us with a great range of products. We have agreed with them that we will not sell their products outside of the EU."

BT180

Max Pfaff
Is there some sort of statement somewhere as to why they are no longer selling outside of EU?

stirk

Burner
Is there some sort of statement somewhere as to why they are no longer selling outside of EU?
I think SRAM have changed their distribution channel and model to support LBS and certain online retailers no longer find it profitable enough to ship their parts. This is why some euro retailers will still sell outside the EU and others like crc won't. This is speculation so I could be wrong.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
My mate is about to buy a new bike with x01 eagle and will pull it off unridden. Any good to you?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The Brexit strikes again!

I recently purchased a 10 speed zee shifter, derailleur, cassette, chain, and crank for less than I could've purchased an x0 derailleur. SRAM is by far my preference, but they priced themselves out of the market a long time ago. CRC are now just supporting that pricing strategy.

stirk

Burner

I recently purchased a 10 speed zee shifter, derailleur, cassette, chain, and crank for less than I could've purchased an x0 derailleur. SRAM is by far my preference, but they priced themselves out of the market a long time ago. CRC are now just supporting that pricing strategy.
CRC are just not able to make enough profit sending a SRAM Powerlink to anywhere outside the EU for free shipping.

moorey

call me Mia

Amateur. A crc XO derailleur is dearer than m8000 shifter, mech, chain and cassette.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Amateur. A crc XO derailleur is dearer than m8000 shifter, mech, chain and cassette.
More pauper than amateur...I'm not even rich enough to look at that fancy xt stuff. Plus their cages are so long they make me feel inferior.

moorey

call me Mia
I can't fit bigger than 36 on my frame. I used to run 42, 40, and 38 on other bikes with a short cage x9. But now any bigger than 36 and it clips on the chain stay yoke.
Wait, what? Are you running your cassette inside out? (talking cassettes, not chainring, Einstein. Your ring size is irrelevant to your derailleur length)