NEW Flowtown trail - Falls Creek

Bluedirt

Likes Dirt
Here is the first look at the new Flowtown trail at Falls Creek. Opening on the 19 NOV at the Ignition MTB Event.

The trail is at a very intermediate level with a few more advanced options along the way making it super fun for all riders. The ability to link this trail with others in the network such as High Voltage (off the summit) and Wishing Well will see riders largely descending for close to 10kms.

More teasers and full video to come.

[video=vimeo;180543315]https://vimeo.com/180543315[/video]

Last edited:

Emigna

Squid
What a waste of time putting that together??

Im looking forward to falls being completed this summer. Will the remainder of the trails around the summit be done as well?

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
I'm getting excited for Ignition though am trying to recover from a grade 2 MCL/PCL tear... hopefully it'll be right for the weekend.

Switch

huskier headed gent
I believe it comes out at Howmans Gap next to the ticket box / YMCA Camp. There is an uphill trail you can ride up or perfectly positioned for easy turnarounds for shuttle runs with a vehicle. I can't give any feedback on what the ride up is like as I may or may not have only ridden it in the opposite direction :heh:

digitalhippie

Likes Dirt
So to get 10km does it come out way down the road from the village??
~10km roughly is from the top of the Summit, out along Frying Pan Spur, down High Voltage, Wishing Well, then onto Flowtown. Flowtown runs off Wishing Well, just above the entry to the village and ends at Howmans Gap.

Blue Dirt are running shuttles throughout Summer from Howmans Gap - to the Village - to the Summit. You can choose to ride just Flowtown, just the summit down to the village, or the whole thing. There's also an uptrail from Howmans Gap called Packhorse. It's not a bad pedal back up to Falls, but can't see guys doing it too many times in one day though vs shuttling.

Word is Flowtown is running even faster than it was just prior to Winter when the video was shot :rockon:

Last edited:

Emigna

Squid
I know the ignition event is the "official opening", however are trails open during nov now the snow has cleared?

Seems silly to wait for a specific date if they are ready earlier.