Post your 29er!

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Does this count ? I always swore I would stick with 26 no matter what . Then came the 650B AM rig and now I can`t believe I`m going 29 for my XC race bike . I guess it makes sense . Its a Merida big ninety nine 1000 frame and it will be built up with a most of the carbon bits from the 96 including the 11 speed drivetrain .
Not sure what fork I`m going to run as I want remote lockout . Also not sure on wheelset yet .
Well its built ! Just finished tonight after waiting a week and a half for tyres . It was going to be a slow build then some forks and wheels came at too good a price to say no to so its a birthday present for me . This probably won`t be the final parts settled on as I have to wait and buy stuff to replace what I took off the 96 . Comes in at 12 kg with pedals and grips . Initial ride on the street to bed pads in feels great and very fast with little effort compared to the 26" 96 which is what I was hoping for . Test ride Thursday night maybe . Tomorrow night is AM night .

Attachments

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Well its built ! Just finished tonight after waiting a week and a half for tyres . It was going to be a slow build then some forks and wheels came at too good a price to say no to so its a birthday present for me . This probably won`t be the final parts settled on as I have to wait and buy stuff to replace what I took off the 96 . Comes in at 12 kg with pedals and grips . Initial ride on the street to bed pads in feels great and very fast with little effort compared to the 26" 96 which is what I was hoping for . Test ride Thursday night maybe . Tomorrow night is AM night .
Great rig. Looks a size to big for the seagull...

~XTC~

Likes Bikes
recently updated

I have just recently updated my Highball CC with some goodies, came in at 8.75kg ready to ride.
Fox 32 SC FIT 4
NEXT-SL G4 CRANKS
Light Bikes 24mm internal carbon rims laced to DT Swiss 190 hubs,
Ritchey post and stem(not pictured)
XTR stop and go parts with X01 cassette.

Most of my spare parts went towards building up a single speed for mud duties :D

Attachments

Last edited:

NeoNasty

Likes Dirt
I have just recently updated my Highball CC with some goodies, came in at 8.75kg ready to ride.
Fox 32 SC FIT 4
NEXT-SL G4 CRANKS
Light Bikes 24mm internal carbon rims laced to DT Swiss 190 hubs,
Ritchey post and stem(not pictured)
XTR stop and go parts with X01 cassette.

Most of my spare parts went towards building up a single speed for mud duties :D
Sub 9kg! Jesus man. Thats crazy. Wicked looking bike. I can't imagine riding a bike that light, it must just ride up hills by itself.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not quite sure what magickery you've done to get to 8.75kg. Doesn't matter what carbon & light bits I throw on my carbon HT. It doesn't want to get under 10kgs so I put a dropper on it and fatter tyres instead! Good work on yours, and it looks lovely.