The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
It will all depend on whether he tries to do what he promised he'd do in the lead up.
Exactly. This is what the world is collectively holding its breath for, and anyone who says they know what's next is lying. I went through many of his election promises (I didn't until now, because ha like he'd ever be President), and many of them are utterly terrifying. Here are two possible and potentially likely options:

1) He reneges on most of his election promises (due to 99% being deeply unworkable, cataclysmic or stupid), deeply angers his supporters for being "just like all the others" and one way or another gets annihilated in 2020. Good news is we all survive without any major pogroms or wars.

2) He defies conventional wisdom (why the fuck not? It's worked incredibly well for him up to now) and does exactly what he promised....

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I keep saying, the guy is just a smack talker - not as much a danger as people make him out to be. Sure, some SJWs will feel extra offended and others will be offended, but aside from that the system will largely run as it has through previous terms. He is certainly no more danger than good olde weapons of mass destruction Bush mk2 and clinton mk1. Less people will die under his administration than Bush/Clinton imo.

He just a big loudmouth but when push comes to shove, others will make decisions for him. As for his so called policies, I rekon he won't have the patience or know how to get it through. the onesthat do get done will be because the Republican party wanted them, not just Trump.

moorey

call me Mia
I keep saying, the guy is just a smack talker - not as much a danger as people make him out to be. Sure, some SJWs will feel extra offended and others will be offended, but aside from that the system will largely run as it has through previous terms. He is certainly no more danger than good olde weapons of mass destruction Bush mk2 and clinton mk1. Less people will die under his administration than Bush/Clinton imo.

He just a big loudmouth but when push comes to shove, others will make decisions for him. As for his so called policies, I rekon he won't have the patience or know how to get it through. the onesthat do get done will be because the Republican party wanted them, not just Trump.
I'm just glad we can trust the other republican brains to have sound ideas, and aren't beholden to the NRA, the church, energy companies, giant corporations....you know that Pence, for example, has dedicated his life solely to banning abortions and defunding Planned Parenthood?

Last edited:

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I'm just we can trust the other republican brains to have sound ideas, and aren't beholden to the NRA, the church, energy companies, giant corporations....you know that Pence, for example, has dedicated his life solely to banning abortions and defunding Planned Parenthood?
Agree. Republicans holding both senate and the house is a bigger deal than Trump as PM imo. Once again I will reiterate, the Democrats stuffed this one royally.

moorey

call me Mia
Agree. Republicans holding both senate and the house is a bigger deal than Trump as PM imo. Once again I will reiterate, the Democrats stuffed this one royally.
I'm actually just as scared of the swing to conservative dominance once he fills the SCJ empty seat. Then when Ginsberg pops her clogs, any day soon, he'll get another one in.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I'm actually just as scared of the swing to conservative dominance once he fills the SCJ empty seat. Then when Ginsberg pops her clogs, any day soon, he'll get another one in.
This is indeed a scary one. It will embed a lot of very very nasty legal precendents in US laws that will be very impossible to remove.

floody

Wheel size expert
1) He reneges on most of his election promises (due to 99% being deeply unworkable, cataclysmic or stupid), deeply angers his supporters for being "just like all the others" and one way or another gets annihilated in 2020. Good news is we all survive without any major pogroms or wars.
Boy oh boy will we have a doozy of a war when the dems get back in if that happens.

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
http://www.iflscience.com/editors-b...nist-ben-carson-americas-secretary-education/

A creationist in charge of education :shocked: Putting the moron in oxymoron...
Doesn't the VP reject that smoking causes deaths?

In summary, they have a President who doesn't believe in climate change, a VP that doesn't believe that smoking is bad and a Minister of Education who doesn't believe in evolution.

Can't wait to hear who in the Trump circus is a "flat earth" believer. Never mind Trump taking America back to the 1940's, 1400's here we come!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

In summary, they have a President who doesn't believe in climate change, a VP that doesn't believe that smoking is bad and a Minister of Education who doesn't believe in evolution.

Can't wait to hear who in the Trump circus is a "flat earth" believer. Never mind Trump taking America back to the 1940's, 1400's here we come!
Flat earth is so dark ages...hollow is the new flat.

Freediver

I can go full Karen

What do you think the people that voted for him believe?

Ivan

Eats Squid
What do you think the people that voted for him believe?
“It used to be cars were made in Flint and you couldn’t drink the water in Mexico. Now cars are made in Mexico, and you can’t drink the water in Flint, but we’re going to turn this around,” Trump said.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
“It used to be cars were made in Flint and you couldn’t drink the water in Mexico. Now cars are made in Mexico, and you can’t drink the water in Flint, but we’re going to turn this around,” Trump said.
A catchy slogan but GM left Flint in the 1980's while the Republicans had the keys and the factories have been demolished. Regardless of what ever policies Trump thinks he can introduce they won't be rebuilding them in Flint.
The lead water pipes were built nearly 100 years ago and the fuck ups and cover ups that gave the kiddies lead poisoning had nothing to do with federal policies , it was all decisions made at a local level.

safreek

from what I can see the safer party won, look at all these fuckwits out on the streets burning places and bashing people. About time every one got over it. Democrats most certainly are a pack of violent, sore losing pricks.
OH and by the way " it wasn't my fault, the emails shot me down ", what a load of crap. Lost it for yourself.
To be honest I don't care about who won but I believe a lot of you will look back at your comments in a couple of years and say " why did I say that "

I think a few of you must feel pretty silly after all the discussions with your mates, blah blah Hillary cant lose and all that stuff, friends I have feel rather silly with what they had said,BUT, are over it now

I actually never realized how much of pessimists a lot of you are, FFS with all the riding that you all claim to do you should be full of feel good hormones.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I don't feel silly, just depressed. I had strongly suspected he'd win for months. I learnt not to underestimate the stupidity of scared and ignorant people when presented with a simple solution. Even when it's clearly not in their own interests when actually thought about (see point A...).

Complex solutions to complex problems (ie reality...) has rarely played well with a culture trained to seek quick fixes.

Ivan

Eats Squid
A catchy slogan but GM left Flint in the 1980's while the Republicans had the keys and the factories have been demolished. Regardless of what ever policies Trump thinks he can introduce they won't be rebuilding them in Flint.
The lead water pipes were built nearly 100 years ago and the fuck ups and cover ups that gave the kiddies lead poisoning had nothing to do with federal policies , it was all decisions made at a local level.
Its not the detail that matters, it's the perception (it's the vibe of the thing ).

Sure, trump appealed to all the loons, but he also appealed to disenfranchised working class.