Cedric Gracia at Oxford Falls

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member

We managed to snag this pic of Cedric when he came to Aus for the Red Bull Ride in Jindy. This shot is from the Oxford Falls Dhill course, and it shows his sexy new Gemini in full flight.

The dude holding his spare bike is his personal mechanic Doug Dalton. There was a lack of pics in the article in AMB, so i thought you'd enjoy this.

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
If you look really carefully, you can see the flatspot on his front wheel. Wish I had a shot of that impact. I mean he's only running Hutchy Octopus 2.8", Dorado's, And DeeMax's, plus the fact he's Cedric! Must've been a very bad landing!!!

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Wouldn't put down the Gemini. There's not many frames that can kick arse in 4x, Freeriding, and Dhill. It makes an awesome trailbike too. The head angle is fully adjustable to run 4" to 7" forks, and the rear end uses 5.5"-7".
In other words: what type of riding do you want to do?

DOM

Eats Squid
Gus you ridden a Gemini ? a pro setup Gemini custom designed to your weight ?

dont think so ..

Cedric could of choosen whatever he liked ... he blows over his bike .. reckons it's awesome.

But hey ... if people on forums and stuff give crap to the gemini's then hell they must be crap eh.

fastrider gus

super huck
yes.. yes they are...

how can you guys bag RM7's then say gemini's are so damn great??? :roll:

single-pivot... light weight.. made by shonky XC company that still uses the same tubing throughout the whole range....
baah..

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
fastrider gus said:
yes.. yes they are...

single-pivot... light weight.. made by shonky XC company that still uses the same tubing throughout the whole range....
baah..
Yeah! I know what you mean! I always ask the kids on Pinkbike too! That, and who has the best ads and best graphics!

S.

ex offender
fastrider gus said:
yes.. yes they are...

baah..

zac

Likes Dirt
i rode one for about 10 minutes just mucking around outside the shop and have to say i didn't really like it much. don't quite know why, frame was a bit on the small side but i prefer bikes to be like that, i think that it just didn't feel 'right' to me.

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
zac said:
i rode one for about 10 minutes just mucking around outside the shop and have to say i didn't really like it much. don't quite know why, frame was a bit on the small side but i prefer bikes to be like that, i think that it just didn't feel 'right' to me.
That is the #1 way that opinions are formed about products on most forums like Pinkbike and NSMB and the like...

Ride a bike for 10 minutes outside a shop. Make your judgement with no real reasons to back it up (not counting what your friends say or what's currently cool on the forums). Spread the word.

S.

ex offender
Keep making dumb posts and you'll keep getting dumb replies. Your generalisations (so far completely unbacked, even by personal experience) about Cannondales are just ridiculous. Wanna argue about it? Go ahead.

Fuzzy: make a useful comment or feel free to exercise your right to shut the fuck up for a while. Your senseless yammering is grating on my nerves.

Adi

It's my birthday!
There is no need for those images steve, don't turn this into what bikemag used to be like.

The ride looks sick.

Adi

It's my birthday!
Ohhhh, and I was going to ask about the adjustable head angle. How do you go by adjusting the head angle of the bike? Change the stroke length of the shock? More preload on the shock?

Whats the deal with them?

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Gemini Geometry

Adin said:
Ohhhh, and I was going to ask about the adjustable head angle. How do you go by adjusting the head angle of the bike? Change the stroke length of the shock? More preload on the shock?

Whats the deal with them?
Gemini's can be changed in 2 ways.
1. The old fasion way of changing shock positions in the rear end. This is good cause you don't need to change the shock. Down side is, you'll need to reconfigure your shock settings (compression, rebound, preload, etc). This also changes the amount of travel you have. not just the head angle, and bottom bracket height.

2. Utilise the cups in it's 1.5" headtube. Look carefull at the pic i've attached. It shows a large cup on the bottom of the headtube for single crowns, and the large cup on the top for the double crown forks. Note the Lefty and Sherman version don't need any cups. Offcourse this is personal preference as Dhillers like a low hbar height, so you can remove the large cup altogether and use two small ones. Hope this info makes sence, if not... look at the pics harder!