Where to buy a rockshox reverb b1?

jakc

Likes Bikes
Was hoping to order a rockshox reverb b1 dropper post in the January sales, but beginning to realise a lot of the sites like Chain Reaction Cycles and Winstanleys in the UK are not able to ship Rock Shox products to Australia.

Where is a good place to get a good deal on one of these posts?

Minlak

custom titis
Evans Cycles will still let me ship it but damn that Shipping Fee..
I have also noticed second hand price of Sram products has been steadily going up. Re erbs used to sell for between $250 and 350 second hand depending on age new off bike about $300-$350 now people are asking $500 plus.

evans.JPG

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Evans Cycles will still let me ship it but damn that Shipping Fee..
I have also noticed second hand price of Sram products has been steadily going up. Re erbs used to sell for between 2500 and 350 second hand depending on age new off bike about $300-$350 now people are asking $500 plus.

View attachment 334388
$2500 IS a little steep. Naturally prices will go up as online availability dies. Elephant in the room is why people still want these things. Sure, SRAM warranty them at the drop of a hat...but it's because they know they are shite. Just sayin.

Minlak

custom titis
Merlin are also allowing me to ship it to Aus (This is where I just got my Yari forks from)

merlin.JPG

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Just get a KS, much better post.

Service is a piece of piss with youtuoob video, or you could send it off to the local dealer. He might be an angry, angry man, but he does good work.

#knuckleswasadrunkenchunt

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
bike-components and hibike in Germany will still ship, eben try Amazon, they sometimes have some bargins

I've got both posts and I would by a KS LEV over a reverb

redbruce

Eats Squid
I have a reverb and a specialized command post, I'd say buy the command post over that fkn piece of shit reverb.
Yep. We have had Reverb, KS and now Command in the fleet.

KS good if you want infinite adjustment (but wish I hadn't gone weight weenie and sold it) , Command if not (I only use a little (35mm) or full drop anyway), have sold Reverb (admittedly early one but just over working on it).

Also, Command is just so, so simple to do maintenance on, and same weight as LEV.

Last edited:

hakka

Likes Dirt
Command if not (I only use a little (35mm) or full drop anyway), have sold Reverb (admittedly early one but just over working on it).
I'm the same, I use the first position down or full drop, at first I wasn't keen on it but now I prefer it to infinite adjustment.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Pretty happy with the new generation Giant dropper I purchased here for $270 recently. My Reverb annoys the crap out of me when I have to bleed the hose at least 3 times just to install it on another bike... Cable actuation is so much simpler.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Pretty happy with the new generation Giant dropper I purchased here for $270 recently. My Reverb annoys the crap out of me when I have to bleed the hose at least 3 times just to install it on another bike... Cable actuation is so much simpler.
If it's a 30.9mm I might be in the market for a Reverb, need a dropper and would love to have a play and see where all the grief originates from.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
If it's a 30.9mm I might be in the market for a Reverb, need a dropper and would love to have a play and see where all the grief originates from.
It's a 30.9, but I'm currently using it on a bike. I'd happily swap it for a Giant or KS post though (125 or 150mm drop)!

jakc

Likes Bikes
Thanks everyone for the suggestions - I think I might be swayed to look at commander or a KS.

Looking at the KS website, bit overwhelmed for choice on a dropper - can someone help me out with a model?

With the Commander, looks like their is only one model? (ignoring travel/diameter/colour options) I assume this lets me run an external cable, thats what it looks like in the reviews I was just looking at.

Also, are the places listed in previous posts above also good places to get these posts?

• Avoid 'stealth', as ill need to route cable externally
  • 30.9mm for my Yeti SB66
  • Im 6ft1, and like to drop the seat real low for decent - think I need the longest length with most travel?

Last edited:

hakka

Likes Dirt
I just picked up a giant contact sl to replace my reverb for $220. Might go back and grab another one for the anthem.