Park Tool PCS-10 vs PRS-25

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
So the crappy, poxy heap of shit that is my Aldi bike stand is pissing me right off, so I'm going to buy a nice, solid, well made, reliable, functional workstand.
I've been promising myself that I'm going to buy a Park Tool one when my time has come, so it has, so I'm buying one.

Ive gotten it narrowed down to these 2,

PCS-10

PRS-25

Anyone used/have/played with both?

25 is about $100 more expensive (so about 25% more) but looks to have a nicer, better finished head and clamping arrangement. First hand experience would be great tho.

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No first hand with those two ones sorry. But geez the fold into a neat package. My Park stand has two feet that fold in but that's all.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
No first hand with those two ones sorry. But geez the fold into a neat package. My Park stand has two feet that fold in but that's all.
Yeah they look to fold down pretty small, but I don't really need this.

It's for a more permanent set up in my workshop/garage.

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah they look to fold down pretty small, but I don't really need this.

It's for a more permanent set up in my workshop/garage.
Can you still buy just the clamp part? one of the LBS' here has them on some 100x100 post that comes down from the ceiling. I am sure there is a good reason for this.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
As far as I am aware, the difference is more about size / weight and ease of transport in regards to the PRS-25.

If your going to leave it setup in the home workshop, just save the $$ and go the PCS-10 (193aud from hibike + del).

The PCS-10 is a great stand, holds the DH bike at all sorts of off angles.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Can you still buy just the clamp part? one of the LBS' here has them on some 100x100 post that comes down from the ceiling. I am sure there is a good reason for this.
Yep, you sure can.
Top Mount would be for clearance to work around the BB area I would think. Much easier to do that.
I rent..... therefore need something I can bring with me.

+ those wall/table mount are nearly as expensive!!!

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
As far as I am aware, the difference is more about size / weight and ease of transport in regards to the PRS-25.

If your going to leave it setup in the home workshop, just save the $$ and go the PCS-10 (193aud from hibike + del).

The PCS-10 is a great stand, holds the DH bike at all sorts of off angles.

John U

MTB Precision
This feedback looks the goods http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/feedback-pro-elite-repair-stand/rp-prod12968

Never heard of them before this thread and don't know if it's a good price...
I got this one after using something almost identical to park one for the last 11 years. So far the feedback sports has been a worthwhile upgrade. More stable than the park type one one the workshop and I imagine but the design it'll also be more stable out at the track or wherever.

Should add that this is despite probably being the worlds biggest fan of Park Tools

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had my feedback (now feedback, was ultimate bicycle support) for 10+ years, third set of jaws apart from that it has been great.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
+ 2 feedback. I've got the black one which you twist to undo the clamp. You can pay a bit more to get the red one which has a push button quick release clamp but not really worth it for the home mechanic.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Been reading great review of the Feedback stands! Good info.

My main concerns with a stand are ..

1. Ease of use of the head and clamp. I want something that is quick and easy (insert pun here) to mount the bike and adjust one handed.
2. Clamping ability. Not having the bike shift around in the clamp jaws while working on it but also not causing any damage to the finish of seat post/frames or whatever is clamped in there.
3. Adjustment angles and force. Need something that when you set the bike at an angle, the clamps don't rotate and twist.
4. Need a tool tray of some sort for holding small pats, allen keys, etc.

I've seen the lads in my LBS with the Park Tool set up (albeit the Pro models). It is exactly what I think I need.
Those with the Feedback, the quick release clamp looks interesting (and I like that you can actually get jaws liners too). How does it go at holding the bike at angles? Any slippage?
Can you get a tool tray for the Feedback?

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Yeah weird, made a post, closed tabs and shut down computer... who knows.
Yeah..... unless someone's asked this question before (I searched but couldn't find anything)

I'm leaning towards the PCS-10..... value for money and very respectable reviews and history of being a solid stand.

boyracer

Likes Dirt
For quick work i usually go to the pcs -10 standing in the corner. Still a quite substantial piece of steel, you wouldn't want to carry it too far if setting up pits at an enduro or the like. the handle is a bit flimsy, but i made a better one. I also have prs -4 bench mounted which is used for sanding/ building up from frames where i will be set up for quite while and spreading out shit all over bench.
pcs-4 cast alloy head is a good upgrade for pcs-10 when the next tax return comes in.

seen this? good price.
http://www.bicyclehero.com/au/park-...no-base.html?gclid=CJz3oZyuu9ECFU59vQodpogH3w

Last edited: