Confessions from the fuckwits

Mica

Likes Dirt
Roadie wheel so no disc on that side so less torsional load, straight lacing the spoke will probably save 2 grams. That's my understanding anyway

Can't see it jamming, but it may take an over shift to get the ramps to work.
Correct, it did shift after a fashion just required a push onto the ramps. It's an 8 speed so that hides a lot of sins

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
nothing to do with being a fuckwit but what is the reason for 1 side of spokes crossing over but the other side going straight:ear:
Roadie wheel so no disc on that side so less torsional load, straight lacing the spoke will probably save 2 grams. That's my understanding anyway

Correct, it did shift after a fashion just required a push onto the ramps. It's an 8 speed so that hides a lot of sins
At first I thought this was the reason for the confession...he had somehow laced a wheel straight on one side...then as I focused more intently I saw the cassette.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
nothing to do with being a fuckwit but what is the reason for 1 side of spokes crossing over but the other side going straight:ear:
Roadie wheel so no disc on that side so less torsional load, straight lacing the spoke will probably save 2 grams. That's my understanding anyway.
Not weight. Drive torque is handled by the crossed spokes on the drive side, radial lacing on the off side gives a more direct pull from the rim to hub for greater lateral stiffness and less uneven spoke tension from the dishing necessary to fit the chunk of gears on one side.

jamesb888

Likes Bikes
Tried setting up tubeless. Bought tubeless presta valves. Only after I inflated the tire I realised I had drilled out the rims a few months back for Schrader valves. Fuck. Wit. *insert face palm emoji*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
Today I achieved Peak Fuckwit. Moorey has been usurped.

As some may know I have a nice new truck, VW Amarok. I'm quite proud of it. Let me confess. We're going up the coast for xmas and a few days to spend time with wifeys family and mine. Towing the camper up as brother-in-laws house is full of their family, so we can sleep nicely in his back yard. I should fill up the car for the trip, so there is no delay on the way up.

I fill up at BP as its got the dirt clearing diesel. BP sells Ultimate diesel, its well marketed. So I started filling up with Ultimate, seeing it said Ultimate on the pipe and stuff. Hang on, that's not the price diesel was for. And the nozzle fitted too easy. FARK, I'm pumping Ultimate 98 unleaded. So stop pumping. Only 2.61 litres went in. It was half full when I started so I'll just fill the remainder with diesel, and - you know - it'll be so diluted the engine will be sweet. So I top up the 80 litre tank, but 2.6 litres are unleaded. Seeing its so diluted I'll just drive the 1km to office and ring VW Roadside Assist from there - what can 1km do hey? All is cool.

D*ckhead!.........etc etc
After reading this the other day I chuckled when my 18 year old son rang yesterday morning to say that he had put 40 litres of unleaded in his 2014 BT50 4 x 2 and drove about 10 km until it died.
To cut a long story short his mates came to his aid and a diesel fitter friend drained the tank, flushed the lines and replaced the fuel filter
While it was expensive at a $300 fix [Trailer hire to tow the ute, fuel filter, 2 tanks fuel] He knows it could have been much worse and I guarantee he wont do it again, least of all because he came home smelling like a diesel refinery!!

stirk

Burner

At least I noticed before riding it
So good! Perhaps as a good as my crowning moment? :behindsofa:

Not weight. Drive torque is handled by the crossed spokes on the drive side, radial lacing on the off side gives a more direct pull from the rim to hub for greater lateral stiffness and less uneven spoke tension from the dishing necessary to fit the chunk of gears on one side.
You're so awesome with knowledge and skill, curious if you have an entry here?

Tried setting up tubeless. Bought tubeless presta valves. Only after I inflated the tire I realised I had drilled out the rims a few months back for Schrader valves. Fuck. Wit. *insert face palm emoji*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
And the skinny valves didn't alert you before you managed to inflate the tyre? Double doh!

I just put chamois cream on my face and sunscreen on my gooch.
Good excuse to sunbath at a nudist beach.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
You're so awesome with knowledge and skill, curious if you have an entry here?
I've done silly absent-minded shit, but nothing particularly worthy of an entry here.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So I have a Sony action cam (imitation Gopro) that I get out every now and then (it hasn't been used all year) and film some clowning around on the snow. Nothing fancy, just fun. Had it out today filming some drops and jumps while the weather was good (FYI - 1.5m of snow in 3 days then blue skies today). Anyway we get home and are having a peek at some of the footage and...

...well the 1 good drop I pinned smoothly all day and captured on film was somehow filmed upside down. I probably shouldn't have been fucking with the setting while riding a chair lift! I think I activated the stupid "flip" option.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
So I have a Sony action cam (imitation Gopro) that I get out every now and then (it hasn't been used all year) and film some clowning around on the snow. Nothing fancy, just fun. Had it out today filming some drops and jumps while the weather was good (FYI - 1.5m of snow in 3 days then blue skies today). Anyway we get home and are having a peek at some of the footage and...

...well the 1 good drop I pinned smoothly all day and captured on film was somehow filmed upside down. I probably shouldn't have been fucking with the setting while riding a chair lift! I think I activated the stupid "flip" option.
Are you sure the camera isn't still set in "southern hemisphere" mode?

link1896

Mr Greenfield

Easily fixed in editing software. Don't delete it.

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
poodle, how's your trip going ?
hopefully getting amongst it....
are you using your handy cam for non bike related activities as well.......:becky::becky::becky::becky: