Arm of derailure contacting cassette

mty10@

Likes Bikes and Dirt
how do we know its NOT BOTH issues occurring simultaneously?!

........it would be one for the fuckwits thread thats for sure :D
Cos the alignment block is 110% in the right spot. It's not my first rodeo, just my first on more than 9spd

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
Cos the alignment block is 110% in the right spot. It's not my first rodeo, just my first on more than 9spd �� ��

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
ok pardner...;)

also dont forget to trim your mech cable cause its fouling with your spokes :D

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Geeez, turn your back for a little while and it turns into knife fight that only Michael Jackson would approve ... :wacko:

[video=youtube;AXq_Na9_MHE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXq_Na9_MHE[/video]

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Unlikely to solve it, just move the problem. Might gain clearance for the cable arm, but then the top jockey wheel won't clear the sprocket. Shimano 10-sp. derailleurs are only designed for a maximum sprocket of 36T; anything bigger introduces the probability for the problem the OP is having.

teK--

Eats Squid
Unlikely to solve it, just move the problem. Might gain clearance for the cable arm, but then the top jockey wheel won't clear the sprocket. Shimano 10-sp. derailleurs are only designed for a maximum sprocket of 36T; anything bigger introduces the probability for the problem the OP is having.
I ran mine with a 40T no problem didn't need goat link or extended b screw.

Think we all wait with bated breath for the OP to release the details of his findings lol

moorey

call me Mia
I ran mine with a 40T no problem didn't need goat link or extended b screw.

Think we all wait with bated breath for the OP to release the details of his findings lol
I tried twice. Once with Zee, once with XT middy, neither worked for me with a 40t (my boys 2 bikes). One is now goat linked, one rad caged.
I keep hearing some people got it to work, not me. Are you sram?

teK--

Eats Squid
I tried twice. Once with Zee, once with XT middy, neither worked for me with a 40t (my boys 2 bikes). One is now goat linked, one rad caged.
I keep hearing some people got it to work, not me. Are you sram?
I used an XT mid cage. Didn't even have to wind the B-screw all the way (was close though) and it worked fine with 11-40.

With 10 speed Shimano you wind the B screw so that the jockey is as close as possible to the largest cog. The last time I used SRAM 10 speed you set it at about 5-6mm clearance. It is interesting though that 11 speed Shimano they have since gone to a 5-6mm clearance spec as well. This coincides with what I already did with my old 10 speed, where I wound it out by the same amount and it worked fine with the 40T.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I did this with a mid XT and it worked but needed tweaking. Changed to RadR cage and shifting improved markedly. It is possible with some frames but not brilliant summed up my experience.