Confessions from the fuckwits

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Are you sure the camera isn't still set in "southern hemisphere" mode?
Didn't seem to be. All the video of me falling over and looking like a noob came out perfect.

Easily fixed in editing software. Don't delete it.
One day I may actually do something like that...one day. Currently just used for laughs before/after dinner.

poodle, how's your trip going ?
hopefully getting amongst it....
are you using your handy cam for non bike related activities as well.......:becky::becky::becky::becky:
Very well. Lots of snow, lots of good lines, host here provides amazing food, good crew. Intention is to pin a ~20ft drop before trip is over.

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
So I had a reasonable ride at the local trails, managed to pack the bike up and get all my gear back in the car.
Except when I went to leave the car kept telling me the tailgate was open. Checked, door closed, went to start car again. Dash tells me door open. May have attempted to slam it closed a couple of times.

Eventually gave up and drove it home after turning off the interior lights. Listened to my Garmin randomly beeping at me, wondered why it kept beeping and hadn't turned itself off yet.

Got home, thinking I need to do something about it before the rear interior lights leave my battery flat overnight and I can't use the car anymore. Unpacked all the gear, can't find my Garmin. Didn't think much of it, went and ate dinner. Grabbed a well earned beer.

Came back to car to double check the tailgate, and to prepare to take the trim off so I can deal with the errant door switch, and avoid having to run my battery charger so the lights don't ensure the battery is flat the next time I want to drive it.

Open the tailgate. There, squashed between the door and the bumper is my Garmin, with a nice crack down the middle of the screen. Remove Garmin, tailgate closes properly, interior lights go out. Door switch works perfectly. Garmin doesn't.

Fuckwit.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was replacing the airshaft and couldn't figure out why the snap ring holding the airspring assembly in place didn't want to come out of its groove.

So my confession, more like a reminder, is when you are disassembling your air sprung fork it's both easier and safer to depressurise it first.

I tried and tried ignoring the warning signs until ***BOOOOOMMMFF***

I escaped mostly unscathed from dumb luck as I was leaning away trying to get that bastard snap ring out, only one finger got a light scalloping which I presume was from the snap ring or assembly flying past, and the fork-bazooka effect covered the immediate area in a protective shower of vaporised oil & grease. Wife heard it from inside the house heard and asked if everything was ok, nice.

I found the air spring about 10m down the driveway (circled in 2nd pic), and amazingly found the snap ring almost immediately half way between.

Luckily I was replacing the air spring with a new one, the original one has now seen better days.

Oh and don't work on your bike when distracted and tired. The end.

Attachments

pliskin

Likes Dirt
half asleep , getting something to eat before an early morning ride.
used soy sauce instead of Worcestershire sauce on eggs . :p

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
So I had a reasonable ride at the local trails, managed to pack the bike up and get all my gear back in the car.
Except when I went to leave the car kept telling me the tailgate was open. Checked, door closed, went to start car again. Dash tells me door open. May have attempted to slam it closed a couple of times.

Eventually gave up and drove it home after turning off the interior lights. Listened to my Garmin randomly beeping at me, wondered why it kept beeping and hadn't turned itself off yet.

Got home, thinking I need to do something about it before the rear interior lights leave my battery flat overnight and I can't use the car anymore. Unpacked all the gear, can't find my Garmin. Didn't think much of it, went and ate dinner. Grabbed a well earned beer.

Came back to car to double check the tailgate, and to prepare to take the trim off so I can deal with the errant door switch, and avoid having to run my battery charger so the lights don't ensure the battery is flat the next time I want to drive it.

Open the tailgate. There, squashed between the door and the bumper is my Garmin, with a nice crack down the middle of the screen. Remove Garmin, tailgate closes properly, interior lights go out. Door switch works perfectly. Garmin doesn't.

Fuckwit.
In an addendum to the delightful story above, my Garmin still managed to dutifully log the ride (drive) home...

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did a lowers service on the forks last night.

Went on a ride today and there was a horrible sound all ride that I could not find... got home gently and then realised that the front brake caliper was not firmly bolted on.. really amazed I made it home as I was stomping on the brakes .... not sure if the picture does it justice. It was loose!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomacropod

Likes Dirt

Went on a ride today and there was a horrible sound all ride that I could not find... got home gently and then realised that the front brake caliper was not firmly bolted on.. really amazed I made it home as I was stomping on the brakes .... not sure if the picture does it justice. It was loose!

And the washers are in the wrong spot, silly rabbit!

- Joel

safreek

Vorbis compression is comparable (if not better) than MP3 one, but unfortunately very few portable players support it, so if your player only supports MP3 files and you got some Ogg Vorbis files, you need to convert them from Vorbis to MP3. The MP3 format is very flexible, when it comes to quality and file size. You can choose between different bitrates and frequencies, and set the number of channels to 1 (mono) or 2 (stereo). Free MP4 to MP3 Converter supports all MP3 bitrates, up to 320 Kbit/s, and frequencies up to 48 KHz, ensuring the highest quality possible for the MP3 format. You can also choose to create smaller files, when quality is not so important (for example, with audio books), setting your bitrate as low as 32 Kbit/s. Additionally the program can convert MP4 to WAV (lossless). The latter feature can be useful if your source files are Apple Lossless, and you'd like to convert them to another lossless format or burn to a CD. The Best kar to mp3 online converter you could look here: http://www.magicaudiotools.com/convert-kar-to-mp3 single discussion batch kar to mp3 converter object
have to go back to 5 moderated posts I recon, these fuckwits will just keep coming. Biggest fuckwits would be anyone who would buy/ download shit from spammers. Oh and by the way cant someone with a bit of virus sending knowledge fuck these clowns up, that would be good

Last edited:

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Been there, done that. I heard a rattly noise one ride when braking. At the bottom of a 70km/h descent heading toward a roundabout I saw there was one loose bolt holding the calliper on. Tightened the remaining bolt and continued my ride using back brake only.

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Been there, done that. I heard a rattly noise one ride when braking. At the bottom of a 70km/h descent heading toward a roundabout I saw there was one loose bolt holding the calliper on. Tightened the remaining bolt and continued my ride using back brake only.
Glad to know I am not the only one to do it!