Sola Sport ?

smr

Likes Bikes
Has anybody had the misfortune of dealing with Sola Sports lately http://www.solasport.com.au ?
What was your experience with them, good / bad ?
The problem I have with then is not resolved yet, but the experience so far has left a bad taste in my mouth.
I would be interested in other people's experiences.

mark22

Likes Dirt
Ahhh yes. I have had the displeasure of dealing with them in the end wrote a letter (you know the paper type) to the boss.

Issue was fox 34mm damper ended up paying for a new FIT cartridge when they said the original was OK. Problem was it came back with 20mm less travel with the new cartridge they installed.
Some of the excuses were are you sure it had 140mm travel in the first place and we thoroughly check every job before it goes out.
Shame they don't check the travel ay!
Got it sorted after 5 weeks with no fork.
I am now real shy of Fox, not so much because of the product but potentially having to deal with SOLA Sport if any warranty work needs doing.
Just bought a couple of bikes for myself and the missus both with Rockshox sus.

Good luck with the wankers.

kbekus

Likes Dirt
Got a Fox shock serviced by them since there's no other choice in Australia.... they promise a 1 week turnaround. Took 13 working days. Having said that the shock seems to work well now.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Got a Fox shock serviced by them since there's no other choice in Australia.... they promise a 1 week turnaround. Took 13 working days. Having said that the shock seems to work well now.
There are plenty of other choices.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
My rear shock was turned around by them in good time on a warranty claim. Only problem was after rebuild it wouldn't hold air on a ride and required pumping up after an hour or so. Shop found the leaking seal and had NSDynamics fix instead of returning it. First time was about 2 week turn around. Second time was 3 hours. The way FTR looked after me was nothing short of exceptional. Forks and Shocks will be going to NSD for overhaul when the time comes

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Wrong..... by a long shot.

Last edited:

Cam070695

Likes Dirt
Deal with Sola on a regular basis and unfortunately i don't have anything nice to say. If you have the option send your service work to Simon at Mountain Bike Suspension Centre, as for warranty claims etc with sola, i recommend emailing Fox directly if you are not getting anywhere with them as they appreciate the feedback and are always willing to help out in any way they can. Good luck

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Deal with Sola on a regular basis and unfortunately i don't have anything nice to say. If you have the option send your service work to Simon at Mountain Bike Suspension Centre, as for warranty claims etc with sola, i recommend emailing Fox directly if you are not getting anywhere with them as they appreciate the feedback and are always willing to help out in any way they can. Good luck
This ^^^^^ ......

cramhobart

Likes Dirt
Ive only had one experience dealing with sola- and never will again. However it's made picking suspension components easier- I won't shortlist anything for a build that puts money in their pockets.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Dealt with them once via my LBS for a warranty claim on creaking crowns... took 5 weeks, got my fork back with Kashima stanchions.

New crown was creaking within 2 rides.
Opted for Loctite fix rather than send them back again.

Haven't owned a Fox fork since.

smr

Likes Bikes
Unfortunately it sounds like I'm not the only person who's been shafted by them :-(
More phone calls tomorrow and every other day after that until this is sorted.
Does anybody know who's at the top of the food chain at Sola ?

Cam070695

Likes Dirt
Unfortunately it sounds like I'm not the only person who's been shafted by them :-(
More phone calls tomorrow and every other day after that until this is sorted.
Does anybody know who's at the top of the food chain at Sola ?
Whoever it is seems to be on "Holidays" a hell of a lot. I believe they had a recent structure change also which may be contributing to the lack of understanding.... Keep up with the phone calls

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Whoever it is seems to be on "Holidays" a hell of a lot. I believe they had a recent structure change also which may be contributing to the lack of understanding.... Keep up with the phone calls
They use this excuse amongst many others everyday. The manager Mass is always 'out of the office', 'or in the workshop' etc just to avoid giving answers. They are serial offenders for poor service and no call backs.
They had my X2 for the warranty air can for 5 weeks. A 5 minute job! They said to me it was ready then not and then werent sure where it was. I had also paid to get the climb switch added. They returned the shock with new aircan but no switch after 5 weeks. This is just my most recent experience. Seriously poor service and wonder how they keep the brand.
Previously ordered 40 floats. They advised the container of stock had arrived. Actually stock didnt arrive until 13 weeks later!

Last edited:

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Given up trying for springs there. Does anyone have a decent place to get various springs from (besides ti options)

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Given up trying for springs there. Does anyone have a decent place to get various springs from (besides ti options)
Cane Creek springs are fairly cheap and the distributor is good to deal with apparently.

T.3

Likes Dirt
Had a set of Fox 34 2016 Kashima forks develop a knocking noise last year after 12 or so rides. They (Sola) said that this was how they came out of the factory and there was nothing they could do. I tried to point out that it didnt have the knocking noise from new but that it had developed with use but to no avail.

About 5 years ago sent a set of 32s back a Total of 3 times for the same issue. Once it came back with the exact same problem after them having it for weeks
I did end up with a new fork after writing a complaint email that was a Kashima version. It did have 10mm more travel than the old one and was a talas version.

smr

Likes Bikes
I reluctantly sent the forks back for the second time today, Warranty job. Who knows how long it will take them to fix this time, all they need is new lowers. It's a good job I own more than one bike.