Help me decide what rim

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Noob mistakes. No issues whatsoever with maxxis tyres on mine (minions, HR's, SS's)...nor swobbles FWIW (NN, HD,RRazor)
What size Minion and HR for you run on them? I find a HR 2.3 is already a pretty squared off tyre on a 23mm internal rim. Does it become too squared off on an almost 30mm rim?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The rear wheel usually cops a bit more hammer than the front, sucking up all your mistimed efforts along the trail. I'd be putting the bigger stronger rim on in the hope of not having to do this again in a hurry.

moorey

call me Mia
What size Minion and HR for you run on them? I find a HR 2.3 is already a pretty squared off tyre on a 23mm internal rim. Does it become too squared off on an almost 30mm rim?
2.3" in maxxis, 2.4" in swobbles. Nah, not squared off at all. The 2.4 swobbles currently on. Can text you a pic if needed.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I run a 2.3 hr2 on the rear and a 2.5 dhf wt on the front on some mk3 flows. Tonnes of grip. Profile of the rear tyre is fine on the rim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avd316

Likes Bikes
Been running Spank rims for ages..... Race28, Race33 and Trail295. They are great and at a great price.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I run a 2.3 hr2 on the rear and a 2.5 dhf wt on the front on some mk3 flows. Tonnes of grip. Profile of the rear tyre is fine on the rim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Drizz - that's most likely the combo I would run so good to hear

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
I'm planning to get a trail 295 wheelset in 26" which is the 28H version, not the 32H 2017 version.

I'm mostly local trail riding (Lysty & You Yangs) with jumps here and there and will be hitting up Buller, Thredbo and Bright.

I've seen mixed reviews on the trail 295's on aggressive riding .. will I be pushing my luck with them?
I plan to give Huck Norris a go with these wheels too.
I don't mind sacrifice weight for durability if needed.

My other considerations so far are KOM i25's, Flow Mk3, DT EX471 ... leaning towards the 295's because they come prebuilt from Spank and can source them around $550.
Flow MK3 on DT350 set are about $470.

Last edited:
I've had a set of DaBomb wheels for about 4-5yrs now. They are properly wide, 30mm internal and this was before Enduro was a thing. Probably.
Pretty sure they're Relic rims. Have been absolutely rock solid. No need to true them or any serious dings etc.
I'm not lightweight and have cased pretty well every jump I've seen at some stage.
Actually trying to get them into my kids bikes but am finding it hard to make it work. Maybe 26+ is an option?
Fully recommend them, I do realise they probably aren't available anymore but DaBomb seems good value.