2017 world cup discussion

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The world cup downhill season kicks off at the end of April at Lourdes in France. We're getting a few good race venues this year too, check the calendar:
· April 29-30: Lourdes, France
· June 3-4: Fort William, Scotland
· June 10-11: Leogang, Austria
· July 1-2 Vallnord, Andorra
· July 8-9: Lenzerheide, Switzerland
· August 5-6: Mont-Sainte-Anne, Canada
· August 26-27: Val di Sole, Italy
· September 5-10: UCI World Championships, Cairns, Australia

The big one for us is the world champs in Cairns later this year but before that happens we need to determine a world cup champion. There's been a ton of changes this year with new teams, riders landing on new teams and new manufacturers entering the show.
Who will win this thing? It could be the closest world cup season we've seen as a lot of riders are totally on it.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Huckyeah! Subscribed :biggrin1: This season's going to be epic. I can't wait to see how Muddy performs with Trek and obvs Brosnan on Canyon too.

Think I might have to make the trip up to Cairns this year!

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Different winner every round, and a "pulled one out of the bag" world champs winner :)

Austen

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A certain rider that just switched to a sender riding team has been spotted up here in cairns doing lots of testing...

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
A certain rider that just switched to a sender riding team has been spotted up here in cairns doing lots of testing...
You'd imagine this may be the last chance they'd get to ride the place before the worlds later this year. The track will undergo some changes so it may not just be about getting that track dialed but riding his new bike on tracks he knows to see what works and what doesn't. It's a pretty good way to know where your speed is at.

Who do you reckon will have a crap season? Not through injury but just rides to their limit and discovers the goal posts have been moved again.

poita

Likes Dirt
Already bought tickets up to Cairns, will be the last time to see the insanity locally for a while I reckon. Keen.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Who do you reckon will have a crap season? Not through injury but just rides to their limit and discovers the goal posts have been moved again.

Affy.

I hope he does well, but I think the top 10 will be elusive for him this year.

Austen

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You'd imagine this may be the last chance they'd get to ride the place before the worlds later this year. The track will undergo some changes so it may not just be about getting that track dialed but riding his new bike on tracks he knows to see what works and what doesn't. It's a pretty good way to know where your speed is at.

The course has already had some work done on it but there is more coming up, it's been fairly wet up here but the bulk of the rain has now finished, the dirt is really good at the moment

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I guess we can predict torrential rain that weekend then?
As much as I enjoy watching the worlds best riding some cool trail, the fact that it can PISS down big time and create a big fat mess is one reason I won't get to Cairns. That being said, I could just get a lift to and from the venue and enjoy some beverages. ;)

Stinky

Likes Dirt
As much as I enjoy watching the worlds best riding some cool trail, the fact that it can PISS down big time and create a big fat mess is one reason I won't get to Cairns. That being said, I could just get a lift to and from the venue and enjoy some beverages. ;)
September should be pretty good for rainfall. The winter is generally pretty dry. April, you are always risking it, but it should be pretty good for Worlds. We are planning some interesting things on the beverage front as well.....

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
September should be pretty good for rainfall. The winter is generally pretty dry. April, you are always risking it, but it should be pretty good for Worlds. We are planning some interesting things on the beverage front as well.....
You've convinced me to go, I booked flights yesty but I need to know what you have planned for the beverage front! Can I take my own six pack to the track?

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tempted, never seen a WC round live let alone World Champs.

Looking forward to late nights on live streaming. Hopefully they have less problems with the live broadcast and maybe get Peaty doing some commentary.

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
but I need to know what you have planned for the beverage front! Can I take my own six pack to the track?
The sacrificial camelbak bladder(or ebay equivalent)for the day. A 3 ltr works best... dont skimp on the ice. A frozen block of about 800ml works best, mixed with as cold as possible beverages..
Maybe 2...